+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whole family got their ETA approved except the mother.

Oct 21, 2022
My fiancé will come to Canada with her family for our wedding. Her dad and her brothers got their eta approved in minutes but her mother’s pending review because she put homemaker on her application.

the flight is in 18 days. I see some threads about the pending review eTA and I’m starting to get really worried.

They are from Mexico. Do every homemakers go through this and what should be my expectations.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My fiancé will come to Canada with her family for our wedding. Her dad and her brothers got their eta approved in minutes but her mother’s pending review because she put homemaker on her application.

the flight is in 18 days. I see some threads about the pending review eTA and I’m starting to get really worried.

They are from Mexico. Do every homemakers go through this and what should be my expectations.
What does being a homemaker have to do with a pending review? You can’t assume it is because she put homemaker on her application. Maybe her name matches another name with immigration issues. Has she ever travelled outside of Mexico, ever had refusals and didn’t declare it etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

How long ago did she apply?

If the application was gone to further review, then the wait for a response these days is generally months and not weeks. But hard to say, she may hear something back sooner.

I agree that being a homemaker generally isn't a reason for an application going for further review. BUt I guess anything is possible.

Oct 21, 2022
What does being a homemaker have to do with a pending review? You can’t assume it is because she put homemaker on her application. Maybe her name matches another name with immigration issues. Has she ever travelled outside of Mexico, ever had refusals and didn’t declare it etc.
She has been to the USA before but it will be her first time in Canada.

Oct 21, 2022
How long ago did she apply?

If the application was gone to further review, then the wait for a response these days is generally months and not weeks. But hard to say, she may hear something back sooner.

I agree that being a homemaker generally isn't a reason for an application going for further review. BUt I guess anything is possible.
Months!‽ we didn’t get any emails, yet. I assume it was homemaker because of what I read in some threads.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She has been to the USA before but it will be her first time in Canada.
So she hasn’t been refused US or Canadian visas before, even if she visited the US? She hasn’t overstayed in the US? If gone to further review, it may take months. Others on this forum who posted questions about eTa reviews waited months or are still waiting.

Oct 21, 2022
So she hasn’t been refused US or Canadian visas before, even if she visited the US? She hasn’t overstayed in the US? If gone to further review, it may take months. Others on this forum who posted questions about eTA reviews waited months or are still waiting.
No, they always travel in family. She did not overstay. Shouldn't they update their website with several months instead of several days? That's deceitful, no?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, they always travel in family. She did not overstay. Shouldn't they update their website with several months instead of several days? That's deceitful, no?
Yes, they should but they haven't. There's always some chance she may hear back earlier.

I believe everyone here who has gone into the pending review stream lately has been waiting months for an answer.

ruth.ruminoz

Jul 21, 2023
Did it get approved? Same situation here, all my family got theirs approved, except my dad. The status is *not started*.

ruth.ruminoz

Jul 21, 2023
My wife got impatient and resubmitted it. The new one got approved within the hour and the old one got cancelled.
Thanks! Do you know by any chance if she re-applied as her representative (family member)? Apparently, there are two options, you can submit the application on behalf of your family member or they can do it themselves. Just wondering what option would be better. Thanks again!