+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who travelled to visit whom question.

abhisheknair1989

May 27, 2018
Hello,

My wife is applying for my PR through spousal reference.
We encountered this question of "If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship" and raised a doubt.

We both travelled to visit each other (i travelled to a different state in India and my wife travelled from Canada to India) twice. However, we did not see each other during the entire duration of the visit.

In this case, would the dates we enter be the exact specific dates we met each other OR the entire range of the visit which includes days we did not meet each other.

Also in this case can i mention that we both traveled to visit each other even though I made a shorter trip ?

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Hello,

My wife is applying for my PR through spousal reference.
We encountered this question of "If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship" and raised a doubt.

We both travelled to visit each other (i travelled to a different state in India and my wife travelled from Canada to India) twice. However, we did not see each other during the entire duration of the visit.

In this case, would the dates we enter be the exact specific dates we met each other OR the entire range of the visit which includes days we did not meet each other.

Also in this case can i mention that we both traveled to visit each other even though I made a shorter trip ?
What you’re saying is you made a trip to where the other person was, spent a bit of time together but then also one of you went off and did something else during that time so you weren’t together? Was it just like a few days in between while someone had to work? I’d still include that. But if you were in her state for a month and then you spent 2 weeks actually not seeing her, just include the times you saw her. Imagine you’re in an interview and the officer asks about that month you said you spent together and then you tell them you actually were apart for half that time, it might seem like you were trying to misrepresent the truth.