+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who is correct?

Oct 2, 2007
Hi all,
Thanks to all who have contributed experiences to this board. It is very interesting and very much appreciated.
I have a Masters degree and 10 years of experience in Insurance claims handling and management. Additionally I have English fluency, very basic French and some other foreign languages (Spanish fluency and conversational Japanese).
I have submitted my paperwork for perm. residency but have heard that I should "just go to Canada and find a job."
Is that possible? In the U.S. (where I am a citizen) it is not legal to go and find a job without the visa to do so. But my friend seems to think that while she was in Canada touring, she met some Swedes who just went to Canada on a visitors' visa and then found a job while there.
Is this legal?
Thanks for your help.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
you cannot visit a country and then get a legal job so the answer to your question is no. I do not believe a word of the story regarding the swedish tourist. Unless they got n illegal job.
Do your research (regarding the application procedure) and then decide whether you want to apply for a skilled worker permit.

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
hi, i'll advice that if you want to immigrate to any contry you should go through the normal legal route by that you'll be able to raise your head high when you are there. you cant just enter a country and start working without a visa for that purpose so find out properly. i wish you the best

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abeni_okin said:
hi, i'll advice that if you want to immigrate to any contry you should go through the normal legal route by that you'll be able to raise your head high when you are there. you cant just enter a country and start working without a visa for that purpose so find out properly. i wish you the best
There is nothing improper or illegal about finding a job in Canada. If you find a job and the employer is willing to obtain a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC that there are no Canadians or PRs available for the position and they advertised extensively for the position, then you could obtain a work permit from outside Canada.

PMM