+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who has received the police certificate from Mexico?

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hello,

I am wondering who has requested the police certificate from Mexico and who has received it yet??

My request was received February 3, 2015 by the Visa section at Miguel Cervantes but it seems it is still in process. Does anybody know how long does it take to proccess it? Why is it taking so long? I read that if you go to La Procuraduria de la Republica, the certificate is issued in 10 business days.

Anyways, I have received a letter from CIC asking me again, this is the second time, for my police certificate and I have 30 days to send it. It seems that they dont know that once we request the police certificate they will get it directly from the canadian embassy in Mexico, the VO should contact the Embassy and ask about it.

Any advice of what to do??

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Frenchfrance, I also received an email from CPC-Ottawa on April 23, is it the same as mine? Mine said "Final Reminder-E########":

Dear XXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Our records indicate that we are still missing the following document(s) in order to finalize your application:

• ######## - XXX XXX:

> Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from Mexico.

An initial request was sent to you on 2015/01/14. To this date, we have not heard back from you.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

This is a final reminder for you to comply with our request. If we do not hear back from you within the prescribed deadline, an officer will review your case and make a decision based on the information available. As a result, your application may be refused.

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

BY EMAIL: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

BY MAIL:

Case Processing Centre Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, Section B,

Ottawa Ontario

K1A 1L1, Canada

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa/ Centre de traitement des demandes – Ottawa - AK8334

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest

7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Site : www.cic.gc.ca
It is weird because I did send 2 emails in March to CPC resending my exchanges with the embassy to shown them that my PCC is in progress and asking if they have not already received it, so why does it say they have not heard from me?

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
My timeline is:

Received PCC request - January 14, 2015
Sent documents to embassy- January 15, 2015
Documents received by embassy - January 16, 2015
Documents submitted to PGR - January 26, 2015
Received first reply from embassy - February 15, 2015
Sent my first email to CPC-Ottawa - March 10, 2015
Sent my second email to CPC-Ottawa - March 24, 2015
Received second reply from embassy - April 2, 2015
Received "final reminder" email - April 23, 2015

I've sent another inquiry to the embassy on April 27, I attached the CPC-Ottawa email and asked them on the status on the PCC and if they could provide me with something I can use to explain my situation to the CPC.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hi Pablo,

Yes it is the same letter, except the part that says they haven't heard from me. I replied the first reminder with all the proof that I had submitted all the documents to the Canadian embassy in Mexico city. Now i don't know what to tell them.

I can't believe it has been almost 4 months since you sent your documents and still that Constancia hasn't been issued. Unbelievable. . . .

Well good luck and hopefully we have good news soon. Will let you know if I heard something

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
Hello

I just sent my request to Canada Embassy in Mexico two weeks ago.

Keep me posted if you hear back from them or from CIC.

I will do the same.

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
I have written and sent an explanation email on why I have been unable provide the PCC and attached all the responses I have gotten from the embassy, alongside with the instructions for getting the PCC and copies of the previous emails I sent to CPC-Ottawa.

I sent them to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca and got the automated response, so I hope they are considered for giving me more time.