+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHO HAS APPLIED FOR A BOWP ONLINE LATELY?

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
I admit, I am very technically challenged. I have made it to the online myCIC application so far and I just wanted to make sure I am doing things correctly.

Right now it appears the only documents they want are the IMM5710E form, Digital Photo, Travel Document and letter of explanation.

It just seems very....bare.

Also with the digital photo, do they want a photograph showing just my face? or do they want me to actually scan passport sized photo?

Can someone be kind enough to spend some time explaining this to me in very lay man's terms?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I recently applied online and got my BOWP approved yesterday. The checklist is correct. I scanned letter of explanation and AOR into one document and uploaded. For travel document-I scanned Passport and WP into one document and uploaded. Regarding digital photo, they have given the specifications on the site. You can get the photo taken from Black's or any other store and ask them a digital copy. upload the digital pic. Good luck.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
I recently applied online and got my BOWP approved yesterday. The checklist is correct. I scanned letter of explanation and AOR into one document and uploaded. For travel document-I scanned Passport and WP into one document and uploaded. Regarding digital photo, they have given the specifications on the site. You can get the photo taken from Black's or any other store and ask them a digital copy. upload the digital pic. Good luck.
Thank you, I was confused because at first I did the paper application and I did not recall seeing photo in part of the document checklist. I will have to attend Black's then. thank you

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
which letter of explanation are you talking about?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
as fas as i know, needs AOR, WP, application itself and being in Canada, no?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
It is not mandatory but if you have something to explain you can attach one. My past 10 years experience wasn't fitting in the form so I made additional sheets and explained that in the letter. Below is the letter I sent:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

I, , have been working in Canada since -- for ---on Work Permit. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada under Canadian Experience Class( CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). I am applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485-A(Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp)

Please find the below details of my CEC application:

UCI: -- /Application Number : --

Please find attached the following documents

1. The Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by CIO.
2. My latest work Permit with which I am working in Ontario, Canada.
3. IMM5710E- additional employment details to include the past 10 years’ experience

I request you to kindly consider this, as part of the documents required for processing my BOWP application.

regards,

--------------------------------------------------------

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
usually applying online or by paper mail, there will be some difference on checklist.

but essentil documents required would be the same.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
IMM5710E

Once you log into MyCIC and go to BOWP checklist, you will have the document to be downloaded. Download and fill it. Good luck

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
IMM5710E

Once you log into MyCIC and go to BOWP checklist, you will have the document to be downloaded. Download and fill it. Good luck
i still havent created MyCIC log on.. but i got you..pretty simple log on download fill it and send online
i am going to send online anyway cause by end of this month i ll get my medicals (provincial category)

shadymo

Nov 9, 2013
Hello,

I am filling out my BOWP application online but having a bit of an issue.
After you uploaded the requested documents, how do you move to the next step? Only option I have is exit questionnaire.

I am supposed to be paying for the application and submitting it, but I can't seem to find the option to reach there.
Your advise is deeply appreciated.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
safwangc said:
Did anyone's online application for the bridging open work permit require to do upfront medicals?
I think it depends on what you have answered in the questionnaire. If you work in health sector , you may need to go for upfront medicals. Otherwise it is not required.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
strange. After I uploaded all documents it went to payment option. May be log off and try again.

shadymo said:
Hello,

I am filling out my BOWP application online but having a bit of an issue.
After you uploaded the requested documents, how do you move to the next step? Only option I have is exit questionnaire.

I am supposed to be paying for the application and submitting it, but I can't seem to find the option to reach there.
Your advise is deeply appreciated.