+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who can stop deportation?

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Guys,

This is a message from a friend of mine!
He received a deportation letter which will take place on April 10. He is looking for a good lawyer to stop the order! If you guys know a good lawyer or a way to stop it, please reply here.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys,

He received a deportation letter which will take place on April 10. He is looking for a good lawyer to stop the order! If you guys know a good lawyer or a way to stop it, please reply here.

Thanks
What's his history in Canada? Failed refugee claim and all appeals exhausted? What about PRRA? Or was this an H&C application or something else?

Reactions: sohaib1

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Guys,

Thanks
Hey there,

It sounds like it's a direction to report voluntarily for removal, if so it's an enforceable order and he's getting a chance to leave on his own and they'll be confirming his departure. Fail to appear - warrant.

The way to lawfully prevent the removal would be to argue for an emergency Stay of removal to the Federal Court of Canada. Here's a link https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/content/assets/pdf/base/Practice-Guidelines-IMM-Stay-Motions-ENG-FINAL-18-02-2021.pdf

It's a tall order but in a nutshell: they have to agree to hear it; it will have to contain evidence of irrevocable harm should the removal happen; and at best it will be a temporary Stay of removal.

To be clear, there are strict time and evidence requirements to get a perfected application in front of a judge's nose. Your lawyer will need to burn candles to get something together that would have even a ghost of a chance to succeed. Arrive with deep pockets and ample pessimism.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys,

Thanks
As already mentionned there is the option of trying to get a stay of removal. Depending on financial circumstances your friend will need to evaluate whether spending such a large amount of money is worth the small chance and whether that would exhaust any resettlement money they have if they are deported. Harsh but what money they will be left with if deported needs to be considered given the low odds of approval.

Reactions: imadeddin