+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who can sponsor??

Apr 22, 2008
Please, anyone who has understanding of who can sponsor, I truly would appreciate feed back. I married my husband in March of this year who still lives in Morocco. My parents are wanting to sponsor him as their income is much more substantial then mine. Is it possible for them to sponsor my husband souly? We just don't want to be denied and was hopeful that more available income would be better.....thank you in advance!

practitioner

Apr 19, 2008
i'm far from expert but my research tells me he fits the Family Class only if he's your parents' relative - otherwise they can't, only you can sponsor him; you're exempt from LICO (low income cut off) so although the Canadian govt will look at your finances, that shouldn't be a problem; if you're worried about money, consider having your parents transfer funds or assets into your name temporarily, if they're willing? just a thought; i'd do it if you were my daughter; tell your parents (truth) to sponsor him they'd have to sign a 3-year undertaking promising to support him financially, and depending what he does or how or where, that can add up to an unforeseen and potentially unlimited amout of money, whereas if you sponsor him you sign that and your parents' liability is limited to the amount they give/loan you

best of luck
p

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
your parents can not sponsor him, but you can as long as you are not in banckruptcy and you are not on social assistance. If you are anywhere other than quebec then you are exempt from the financial requirements as practioner stated.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I'm unemployed (sponsor) and have no money in the bank, plus i have some debts... and got approved to sponsor.. as long as ur not bankrupt or on welfare u'll be ok..

Good luck!!