+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHITBY PASSPORT OFFICE

AkinwaleFemi

Mar 21, 2018
Hey Tribe!
Please can anyone who has recently been to Whitby passport office share their experiences on wait times, processing time etc. I'm trying to apply for my passport after getting my citizenship certificate.
Thanks

digidunce

Sep 6, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-10-2017
Hey Tribe members / @AkinwaleFemi - did you get any response / personal experience from Whitby passport office walkin ?

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
I went to the Whitby passport office to apply for Canadian passports for me and my wife. No appointments available so decided to go for walk-in. Got in at 5:30, there were a few folks ahead of me already and by 8:30, queue had reached the gates of the mall - easily 70-75 people. Gates opened at 8:30 sharp and security guard asked everyone their date of travel, proof of travel (They don’t ask to see it at the gate, just need to hear a Yes) & covid questions. Masks are provided and are mandatory inside.

Once in, I went to see a lady who screened my application, original citizenship certificate, photos and DL/Health card and briefly asked about my travel proof and told that it will be asked for at the counter and gave me a token. Went to the counter when my token number popped up on screen. Lady at the counter then validated my application and asked for the proof of travel. I mention that I Was planning to drive to US and had booking confirmation. I was asked to write a declaration with our names and the hotel addresses where we would be staying along with dates and was asked to sign and date it.

Whole process was quite efficient and smooth. I was out of the mall by 9AM.

they only take the application for those who intend to travel in the next couple of days. You could either take flight tickets or make a booking on hotels.com etc. they just need to have some sort of proof that you’re traveling.

I was told that my passport will be dispassed on June 22 and should get delivered in two days time. My date of travel and application was July 1.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: Jakev

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I went to the Whitby passport office to apply for Canadian passports for me and my wife. No appointments available so decided to go for walk-in. Got in at 5:30, there were a few folks ahead of me already and by 8:30, queue had reached the gates of the mall - easily 70-75 people. Gates opened at 8:30 sharp and security guard asked everyone their date of travel, proof of travel (They don’t ask to see it at the gate, just need to hear a Yes) & covid questions. Masks are provided and are mandatory inside.

Once in, I went to see a lady who screened my application, original citizenship certificate, photos and DL/Health card and briefly asked about my travel proof and told that it will be asked for at the counter and gave me a token. Went to the counter when my token number popped up on screen. Lady at the counter then validated my application and asked for the proof of travel. I mention that I Was planning to drive to US and had booking confirmation. I was asked to write a declaration with our names and the hotel addresses where we would be staying along with dates and was asked to sign and date it.

Whole process was quite efficient and smooth. I was out of the mall by 9AM.

they only take the application for those who intend to travel in the next couple of days. You could either take flight tickets or make a booking on hotels.com etc. they just need to have some sort of proof that you’re traveling.

I was told that my passport will be dispassed on June 22 and should get delivered in two days time. My date of travel and application was July 1.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks- I plan to leverage this same strategy. However, my travel would be in 2 weeks - hoping they’d accept.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Thanks- I plan to leverage this same strategy. However, my travel would be in 2 weeks - hoping they’d accept.
They will. Just go with your proof of travel.

Reactions: Jakev