+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which VO is the fastest for Indian outland spousal applications, New Delhi or Ottawa?

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Which Visa Office has historically been the fastest for Indian outland spousal applications? I'm just curious as I've noticed some applications go to Ottawa and some go to New Delhi.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Which Visa Office has historically been the fastest for Indian outland spousal applications? I'm just curious as I've noticed some applications go to Ottawa and some go to New Delhi.
Again, doesn't muhc matter, as you can't choose.

And also mostly irrelevant because I think the Ottawa office (processing spousal apps anyway) has only been a thing for perhaps a year, during covid.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Again, doesn't muhc matter, as you can't choose.

And also mostly irrelevant because I think the Ottawa office (processing spousal apps anyway) has only been a thing for perhaps a year, during covid.
That's very true. You're right, no point in thinking about this.

Since the NDVO for biometrics/passport services, etc, is closed down, are they still actually processing spousal applications there though? Or will this only resume once the office reopens? I wonder if they're working from home. Know anything about this?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Since the NDVO for biometrics/passport services, etc, is closed down, are they still actually processing spousal applications there though? Or will this only resume once the office reopens? I wonder if they're working from home. Know anything about this?
Obviously some things are not happening - they're not issuing PPRs, as far as messages go.

Other reports - including from IRCC - say they are working, and they probably are, but we don't know at what capacity nor with which priorities. Presumably lots of emergency issues to deal with as well.

But most likley working, just slower, and with fewer external signs because ... no PPRs.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Obviously some things are not happening - they're not issuing PPRs, as far as messages go.

Other reports - including from IRCC - say they are working, and they probably are, but we don't know at what capacity nor with which priorities. Presumably lots of emergency issues to deal with as well.

But most likley working, just slower, and with fewer external signs because ... no PPRs.
Makes sense. Thanks for the information, love how you always have so much insight :)