- Married 3 months back
- I am a housewife at present, worked for 6years in India

About him
- Husband is employed in Canada
- Husband is having PR

I want to visit him.
-Which Visa should i apply for?
-Should i go for visitor/ PR?
-Can i independently apply both one after the other.
-Which one should be applied first
-What is the probability of getting visitor visa.
-What's the best approach to get visa (any)
-As a spouse can i apply for visitor visa in the case when husband is having PR

Kindly Advice?

Last edited:

haXudon

May 31, 2015
it's possible to apply for a visitor visa but you need to provide a letter of explanation why you are applying for a visitor visa instead of just going through the spousal sponsorship.

so yeah go ahead apply for visitor first, it only takes about a week in my experience. then if you get accepted or denied, go and file for the spousal sponsorship.

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
it's possible to apply for a visitor visa but you need to provide a letter of explanation why you are applying for a visitor visa instead of just going through the spousal sponsorship.

so yeah go ahead apply for visitor first, it only takes about a week in my experience. then if you get accepted or denied, go and file for the spousal sponsorship.
Thank you..
Have heard a lot if partner is having PR then there is no chance of getting visitor visa. In that case what should be done, should i go ahead for visitor and take a chance.

haXudon

May 31, 2015
my wife got a visitor visa. then she did not come to Canada. we applied for her PR now.

short answer, visitor visa first, then apply for PR. if you apply for PR first, then visitor, then you might get denied.

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
my wife got a visitor visa. then she did not come to Canada. we applied for her PR now.

short answer, visitor visa first, then apply for PR. if you apply for PR first, then visitor, then you might get denied.
ok.. thanks!
much confusing.. some say go ahead try the luck others say it will be rejected it will be waste...go for PR only.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ok.. thanks!
much confusing.. some say go ahead try the luck others say it will be rejected it will be waste...go for PR only.
You can apply for a TRV but with a PR spouse, the chances of approval are low. A TRV refusal would not have any effect on your PR app.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Is your husband working for a Canadian Company, or on deputation for Indian Company ?
If latter, then the company can apply and get you VIsa.
If he is working for Canadian company, then you can put in your own Visa application.
Put a clear cover letter mentioning your intetnion to meet him and also the plan for applying for sponsorship PR.

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
Is your husband working for a Canadian Company, or on deputation for Indian Company ?
If latter, then the company can apply and get you VIsa.
If he is working for Canadian company, then you can put in your own Visa application.
Put a clear cover letter mentioning your intetnion to meet him and also the plan for applying for sponsorship PR.
Thank you :)

Working for Canadian Company.
if i mention in cover letter clearly that i want to visit my husband (short term? or what) and will be applying for PR.. since PR is a time consuming process hence i want to apply for visitor visa and meet him..will that be fine.
Have seen many reviews where rejections are there saying on visitor visa person will not be coming back etc etc .. but how can a person be for longer period when visitor visa has a validity.
How far you suggest for visitor visa application first and then sponsor? have you had such case?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you :)

Working for Canadian Company.
if i mention in cover letter clearly that i want to visit my husband (short term? or what) and will be applying for PR.. since PR is a time consuming process hence i want to apply for visitor visa and meet him..will that be fine.
Have seen many reviews where rejections are there saying on visitor visa person will not be coming back etc etc .. but how can a person be for longer period when visitor visa has a validity.
How far you suggest for visitor visa application first and then sponsor? have you had such case?
You should not mention your intention to apply for PR when applying for a TRV. The whole basis of the TRV is that you are only coming to Canada temporarily, so telling IRCC that you want to live here permanently runs counter to that. You will need to show very strong ties to your home country.

How can a person be here for a longer period? They overstay illegally. That is why most of these TRV apps are refused: the applicant is found to have stronger ties to Canada than to their own country (spouse is generally considered the strongest tie) and so IRCC determines them to be an overstay risk.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How can a person be here for a longer period? They overstay illegally. That is why most of these TRV apps are refused: the applicant is found to have stronger ties to Canada than to their own country (spouse is generally considered the strongest tie) and so IRCC determines them to be an overstay risk.
But is it still illegal if you apply inland and get implied status?