+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which visa office is faster to process LCP work permit?

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Which office is faster to issue the LCP work permit?

Buffalo Visa Office: 2 months

Seattle Visa office:3 months

These are the processing time that states on the website, I am not quiet sure whether is true or not cause time is precious for me and for everybody.

Does that mean if I am in BC and sent documents to Buffalo and I need to go pick my visa over the border there in N.Y.?

Appreciate if anyone can share their experience and processing time frame with me...

Vic

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
HI,

The website says 2 months for Buffalo (on the average processing) then it should be faster than he 3 months for Seattle. The best part of sending to Buffalo is you can send the application to Fort Erie, but Buffalo sometimes call work permit/visa applicants for interview.

victoria11 said:
Hi,could job-seeker kindly answer the question if you do have time? Thanks

Vic

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
job_seeker said:
HI,

The website says 2 months for Buffalo (on the average processing) then it should be faster than he 3 months for Seattle. The best part of sending to Buffalo is you can send the application to Fort Erie, but Buffalo sometimes call work permit/visa applicants for interview.
@job_seeker, you mentioned sometimes one can be called for interview. i am a visa applicant (re-entry)...what if i don't have a US Visa yet to enter US & go to Buffalo, how will i be interviewed then?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
For first time WP/visa apps, buffalo sometimes call for interview. Re-entry, I doubt. You already passed the initial screening process.

hawk0404 said:
@ job_seeker, you mentioned sometimes one can be called for interview. i am a visa applicant (re-entry)...what if i don't have a US Visa yet to enter US & go to Buffalo, how will i be interviewed then?

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks,job-seeker for kindly assistance. One question is regarding to the interview_I will have to fly to Buffalo in U.S. or having the interview in Fort Erie, Ontario?

On the website says, Post office in Fort Erie will only accept the courier provided from Xpresspost in Canada Post. I just don't get it the actual processing place will be in Buffalo,N.Y. or Fort Erie,Ontario???

Thanks for your time,

Vic

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If called for interview, you'd have to go to the US (valid US visa required).

victoria11 said:
Thanks,job-seeker for kindly assistance. One question is regarding to the interview_I will have to fly to Buffalo in U.S. or having the interview in Fort Erie, Ontario?

On the website says, Post office in Fort Erie will only accept the courier provided from Xpresspost in Canada Post. I just don't get it the actual processing place will be in Buffalo,N.Y. or Fort Erie,Ontario???

Thanks for your time,

Vic

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,job-seeker:

Thanks for your prompt reply. On Buffalo website says "Valid passport or travel document"_Please submit the original document and a photocopy.

Original Document means _Original Passport and Original Work Permit & Study Permitthat I had applied before...Then, if I call for an interview and how can I go aboard to U.S.? Or Buffalo visa office will return the original passport and documents to me so I can travel??

I think I do find an agent to deal with all the paper work, I have to be very careful for this time...

Thanks.

Vic :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Original passport. Copy of your WP (to show your current status in Canada). Just send the docs asked for on the US website.

victoria11 said:
Hi,job-seeker:

Thanks for your prompt reply. On Buffalo website says "Valid passport or travel document"_Please submit the original document and a photocopy.

Original Document means _Original Passport and Original Work Permit & Study Permitthat I had applied before...Then, if I call for an interview and how can I go aboard to U.S.? Or Buffalo visa office will return the original passport and documents to me so I can travel??

I think I do find an agent to deal with all the paper work, I have to be very careful for this time...

Thanks.

Vic :(