+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which vaccine should I get (in India)?

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I will be moving to Canada in the Fall term. If I take Covishield in India, I will get the next dose after 84 days. So I will be taking a risk as there's a possibility it won't be available exactly after 84 days. Covaxin is not on the list of vaccines approved by Canada. What should I go for? And will the airports make vaccination mandatory for travel?

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Airports will not make it mandatory, but there might be benefits of being vaccinated (no quarantine etc). You should for for Covishield (AstraZeneca) as it's available in Canada too for 2nd dose. If you take the first dose now, 84 days means around 25th August, which is in time for September intake.

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
At this moment, it is unclear whether vaccines will be mandatory for travel. However, getting fully vaccinated will definitely make your travel easier. For instance, recently a federal advisory panel suggested easing certain restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers.

As of now, Covishield is the only authorized vaccine available in India that Canada recognizes. Although, this might change in the future. I think it is better to get vaccinated with an authorized vaccine.

Reactions: inkpot

amaleldhose10

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
you should take covishield. vaccination is not mandatory till now. but it is better to take the first dose now, if vaccination is not mandatory then no problem. if they make vaccination is necessary at the time you want to go it will make the situation more complicated, that is you should spend more time to get vaccinated. so my advice is to get the first dose as soon as possible then let us see what happens

Reactions: inkpot