+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which University to choose?

avmv22

Oct 12, 2013
Hello All, I have been accepted for M.Eng ECE course in the following Universities:

UOIT (Oshawa, ON)
Dalhousie (Halifax, NS)
Concordia (Montreal, QC)

I am waiting for a Decision from 'University of Ottawa' (Ottawa, ON) and I am expecting their decision in the 1st week of November.

Q1) Which University to choose amongst those 3 for ECE course (for which I am already accepted)?
Q2) Shall I wait till November for applying VISA or Start the process with any one and later on change the University after I reach Canada?

M in a bit of Dilemma here and need your help.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
If you get into either Dalhousie or Concordia, go there. I dunno what UOIT is, but if it's an institute of technology, and if it's in Oshawa, then you would be making a mistake to choose it over a university in Halifax or Montreal.

avmv22

Oct 12, 2013
M still confused about this..

Shall I wait for decision from university of ottawa till November for applying VISA or Start the process with any one and later on change the University after I reach Canada?

What is maximum date till what I can wait for applying visa for Jan session?

krishk3

Aug 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avmv22 said:
M still confused about this..

Shall I wait for decision from university of ottawa till November for applying VISA or Start the process with any one and later on change the University after I reach Canada?

What is maximum date till what I can wait for applying visa for Jan session?
Hi,

Even i have been waiting for a reply from Ottawa for the same M.eng ECE jan 14 intake.

When was your file completed(the mail which they sent telling "your file is now completed")

avmv22

Oct 12, 2013
krishk3 said:
Hi,

Even i have been waiting for a reply from Ottawa for the same M.eng ECE jan 14 intake.

When was your file completed(the mail which they sent telling "your file is now completed")
The file was completed in July itself. But they sent me an email in mid-Sept that the online form has not been filled by one referee. So I contacted my referee immediately and asked him to complete that. I gt confirmation in the last week of Sept that your file processing has been started and it may take another 8 weeks for the decision.

Don't know what to do.. By the end of 8 weeks, I wont be able to file for VISA because I'll be too late.

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
I think this is going to come down, ultimately to whether you have your heart set on Ottawa, or if you're happy with Montreal or Halifax. For the record I love Halifax, and the maritime in general.

Both universities are ranked very similarly, both charge about the same tuition and either would be a wonderful choice. In your situation, I'd choose Dalhousie and leave myself plenty of time to sort my visa out.

nikhil1308

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Check University of Regina ,

It is good, cheap and it has jobs available in the area. Internship ( co-op) are well paid too. I am doing MBA here so I know that university is good but yeah the place is small and nohing much to do.
Additional , you get PR straight after education unlike other province where job is also mandate. So if you do masters from a university in Saskatchewan you can apply for PR>