+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Stream to choose for PR.

abdulahadali

Oct 24, 2023
Toronto, Ontario
Hello,

I'm Abdul who came to Ontario, Canada in May 2021 and finished 2 year post secondary program.
I have 1 year of Canadian Work Experience as Drafter and looking to apply for PR.
There are no CEC Specific Draws happening and the score for Express Entry is too high. My CRS is 425.
I have few options in my mind but confused to choose which one. I will list down all options as it might help some other people get information.

1. Express Entry (LMIA)

If I get an LMIA from my company the points would go 475. If I work another 10 months, the point would be 500.

2. Express Entry (Certificate of Qualification)

As of September 2023, my field Drafting is eligible for certificate of qualification. This can give me 50 bonus points but I couldn't find information regarding how to get one. The Ontario Skilled Trade website doesn't show anything about Certificate of Qualification for drafters. Some says, the website is not getting updated. Can anyone help me with this? Please share how can we get Certification of Qualification from a Province.

3. Express Entry (Invitation from a province to apply)

If I get lucky and a province invites me to apply......

4. OINP

Ontario is holding frequent draws for international student stream and my field falls under that.
Some of the requirements includes.

Job requirements:
  • Full Time & Permanent
  • Low Wage (based on designation - Job Bank : for drafters it's $20)
  • NOC / TEER 0,1,2,3
  • Work based in Ontario
  • Position important for business.
Employer requirements:
  • Minimum 3 year Old Business.
  • Inside GTA 1 Million $ Revenue / Outside GTA $500,000
  • At least 5 Full Time Canadian Citizen / PR employees. (3 Full Time outside GTA)
  • Employer Form
I'm fulfilling all requirements except : Minimum 3 year Old Business. (My Company is 1 Year & 8 Months Old).
For this reason, I have few options:

• Wait 1 Year 4 Month till March 2025 and apply once eligible. (My Work Permit is valid until January 2026).
  • Get a Job in another company based in Ontario but most companies give Employer Form after 1 year of employment.
5. Move to Atlantic Province & apply under AIPP

Last option, move to Atlantic Province like Nova Scotia and apply from there. I will need 6 month of employment there to get the letter from employer as I already have 1 year of experience. But, is it worth it?

Kindly please share your expert views on this and help me choose an option.

Thank You !

Dr Salt

Jan 18, 2019
Hello,

I am so sorry that no one answered your very detailed question. I'm hoping it got answered in another forum...
What did you decide to do?