+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which State is good For me?

kainat

Jan 21, 2014
I am an international student going to get admission in University of Regina in Saskatchewan sate. Kindly let me know if this state is good for getting good salary on hour basis and good place for making network with multi cultural people. And to get PR after all. Or should i change my state to other such as (Alberta, Toronto, BC etc) for getting more exposure as a new comer to canada , to get involve in networking with multi cultural people, making professional contacts, get good job with good salary, good education.

Thank you

Jeewan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Seee I all depends upn ur profession and ur choice like Saskatchewan is good for PR wise. But as job prospectus u need to go to more develpod cities like Toronto is good for those who are pursuing studies in business related fields and Saskatchawen is not really big but is a very beautiful city to live. Try searching on job bank about is there any requirement of jobs related to your field in your chosen state. Cheers

kainat

Jan 21, 2014
Thank you for replying me.

Actually My field is Business and Marketing Management . I have choosed University of Regina for my relevant studies and I heard that this state is good in providing PR to international student soon as compare to other states. But my preferences are to get a good job as well. I heard TORONTO is very crowded with many nationalities and is very competitive province for getting job and for getting PR.

Please guide me if i can change my uni and states after reaching canada?

Thank you

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS,Global Karachi,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
kainat said:

Actually My field is Business and Marketing Management . I have choosed University of Regina for my relevant studies and I heard that this state is good in providing PR to international student soon as compare to other states. But my preferences are to get a good job as well. I heard TORONTO is very crowded with many nationalities and is very competitive province for getting job and for getting PR.

Thank you
Kainat
yes TORONTO is very crowded with many nationalities and is very competitive province but for bussines studies you should go to toronto even i got admission in u o manitoba but i will be changing my institution once i will arrive in canada it's simple if you have paid your fee to your uni you can simply email them asking for refund they will cut around 300 to 500 cad's & return you your remaining amount so after that you can continue you studies at any college or university in toronto or wherever you want it should not be an issue.
i am also a bussines student so i will be moving to toronto. a good university for bussines would be RYERSON UNIVERSITY.
but if you are only thinking for pr purpose then saskatchwan would be the right place for you. but you can move there any time after completing your studies.
Best Of Luck

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
kainat said:
thank you so much .

I will consider your wise advise.

Good luck
my pleasure :p

priyahyd

Nov 18, 2014
I have picked up Vancouver after doing my ground work. I visited many agents, spent time on forums and got advise from my seniors who are studying in Canada. Ultimately, it was Vancouver. Cosmopolitan city, great weather which is not too cold, doesn't snow and instead of a college, I got a university. So, I rate B.C. better than anyother province in Canada.

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Talha Gujjar said:
Kainat
yes TORONTO is very crowded with many nationalities and is very competitive province but for bussines studies you should go to toronto even i got admission in u o manitoba but i will be changing my institution once i will arrive in canada it's simple if you have paid your fee to your uni you can simply email them asking for refund they will cut around 300 to 500 cad's & return you your remaining amount so after that you can continue you studies at any college or university in toronto or wherever you want it should not be an issue.
i am also a bussines student so i will be moving to toronto. a good university for bussines would be RYERSON UNIVERSITY.
but if you are only thinking for pr purpose then saskatchwan would be the right place for you. but you can move there any time after completing your studies.
Best Of Luck
u are right about the uni transfer but keep in mind that only depends on the university. if there are no available seats in thats particular university u want to go for, after changing ur initial one, u will be left to wait until the next term. and that means u will have to wait for over 8 months WITHOUT JOB! because u will be going there as a student and students get 20hrs of job DURING their education and u have to show complete documents to get a job, which does include ur college or university card or any document showing u are part of some college or university.

and most of the times, these colleges and universities have no seats even months prior to their last dates. and they even defer students to next terms. its common cause of HUGE number of students applying each year.

and Sask is not a bad province for business related individuals at all. qualified business individuals are in demand especially in continuously developing provinces like Sask.

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Aami333 said:
u are right about the uni transfer but keep in mind that only depends on the university. if there are no available seats in thats particular university u want to go for, after changing ur initial one, u will be left to wait until the next term. and that means u will have to wait for over 8 months WITHOUT JOB! because u will be going there as a student and students get 20hrs of job DURING their education and u have to show complete documents to get a job, which does include ur college or university card or any document showing u are part of some college or university.

and most of the times, these colleges and universities have no seats even months prior to their last dates. and they even defer students to next terms. its common cause of HUGE number of students applying each year.

and Sask is not a bad province for business related individuals at all. qualified business individuals are in demand especially in continuously developing provinces like Sask.
you are not getting my point there are enough seats available for every program in every university you are paying them fees they would definetliy entertain you request.
as far as saskatwan is concerend i have said that it's a good province but from the job prospects & weather releted issues i suggested her torronto & even i said to her in the end you can study anywhere you want it's up to you i have given her my best opinion.rest is up to her.& u should no for a fact that torontoo is the best place to live in canada.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
kainat said:

Thank you
Saskatchewan is a relatively small province compared to other provinces in Canada and the 2 largest cities, Regina and Saskatoon have a combined population of 400,000. The unemployment rate is lower also because of its smaller population base and due to that employment opportunities are there but incomparable to bigger cities. If you graduate with a 3 year degree at least, you get a 3 year open work permit. You need to work 6 months in a NOC 0, A ,B or C to be eligible for SINP.

Saskatchewan is a good place to start your career and one aspect you need to look into is the Co-Op program. It provides you with work experience that is extremely important in the professional world.

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Talha Gujjar said:
you are not getting my point there are enough seats available for every program in every university you are paying them fees they would definetliy entertain you request.
as far as saskatwan is concerend i have said that it's a good province but from the job prospects & weather releted issues i suggested her torronto & even i said to her in the end you can study anywhere you want it's up to you i have given her my best opinion.rest is up to her.& u should no for a fact that torontoo is the best place to live in canada.
i got ur point bro, i was just sharing what i know. i personally know a pakistani student who changed his university 2 times doing Electrical engineering and he had to wait for over 6 months. he went to Ottawa. now, he is trouble cause his course is not complete and he is 6 months behind schedule of his current university course. he did get some odd job, in a restaurant, which is does NOT make him eligible for the required work experience. now he is too much tensed.

things vary case to case, but i just shared what i knew. and Yes its better to live in big cities. but again, its more expensive there as well and also job market is too competitive for one to easily get good job.

so every place has pros and cons. yet again, for PR Sask and BC are currently THE best provinces. and because of recent changes in policy, i don't see any change in their policy in the next few years. just my guess, again plain observation! :p :p

kainat

Jan 21, 2014
Thank you so much to you all.

I will ponder on it once i will get visa. I am applying for Feb intake and yet my admission letter is not been received by university in canada. Universities are taking too long for processing. :( BTW what are the letters send by university to a studetn, (an offer letter, or admission letter and what else) any one can brighten this factor for me. please

may ALLAH bless you all. Ameen