+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which skill level do i fall under?

Dreamzgal28

Jun 3, 2014
Hi,

I need help trying to figure out which skill level will i fall under?

So i have a pharmacy technician certificate and am currently working as a 'pharmacy assistant' in Shopper's Drug Mart Pharmacy. Due to new regulations all previous pharmacy technicians are now refered to as 'pharmacy assistants' although the job and duties are exactly the same and only those who take the exam for regulation go on to be called 'pharmacy technician'.

So according to the NOC, a pharmacy assistant would be skill level C while a pharmacy technician would be a skill level B. I heard that the title does not matter and as long as the job duties stay the same i would be considered a pharmacy technician. However on my letter of employment, my boss has indicated that i am working as a 'pharmacy assistant' due to the new regulations. Will CIC take that into consideration in my application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Generally, CIC does not consider the "requirements" section of an NOC, but the exception is with regulated occupations. If it is a regulated occupation, you have to meet the education and/or licensing requirements.

Health professions are regulated at the provincial level, so it all depends on what province you live in. If your work experience is in Ontario or BC, for example, it is a regulated occupation, so unfortunately, you would have to be certified by the college to qualify under skill level B.

Bablue

Sep 23, 2018
Sir , how r you.
I am on the same boat as you were in 2014. I have completed 2 years pharmacy technician course and now doing part time pharmacy assistant job in raxal.i am still not confident to write pbec exams, please guide me as it is very important for me. How I can file PR application
Thanks and regards
Bablue