+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which route to take if one is able to score a job, supported by LMIA?

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Hi there,

I have been browsing through the forums and CAD Imm websites but still havent arrived at the exact pathway.

If one is able to score a job in Canada (supported with LMIA approval), do we only have the relevant Province's PNP program through Express Entry to opt for or there are any other programs too? Just checking to see I am not missing anything and can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

I have been browsing through the forums and CAD Imm websites but still havent arrived at the exact pathway.

If one is able to score a job in Canada (supported with LMIA approval), do we only have the relevant Province's PNP program through Express Entry to opt for or there are any other programs too? Just checking to see I am not missing anything and can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
Depends on the province. Some are through EE and some are not. If you have LMIA approval then why do you need PNP program?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
It will depend on a few factors like which province the job is in, the NOC and skill level of the job, and what your EE score is with the job offer.

So not really possible to say without more information.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Depends on the province. Some are through EE and some are not. If you have LMIA approval then why do you need PNP program?
I may not have enough information yet but I think I am getting there. What I am trying to find out is if we have a job offer with LMIA, do we have to go through Express Entry? Or, there are other programs too? That should really help sort out my direction.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I may not have enough information yet but I think I am getting there. What I am trying to find out is if we have a job offer with LMIA, do we have to go through Express Entry? Or, there are other programs too? That should really help sort out my direction.
Again you need to look at the province where you would be working. Express Entry gives you an extra 50 points.