+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Route to Permanent Residency?? HELP appreciated.

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys

Brand new to the forum but have a question which I posted on another forum that I thought I'd repost here as its a bit more specific to visas:

I am researching a plan to help me move away from the UK and want to head out to Canada next year to work and experience living in the country with the ultimate aim of obtaining PR in the future if all goes well.

I have been recommended to apply via the IEC route initially and get a 12 month open work permit in the process. I would be looking to get skilled work experience sorted asap after arrival in this skilled occupation area: "1224 Property administrators" as my work here in UK for past 4 years since graduating is in this area.

I know the IEC permit is non-extendable and should all go well over there, I may be in a position where I want to stay and the company I'm working for wants to keep me on (hopefully). What options do I have to remain in Canada and continue work with a company after my IEC work permit expires? I understand I could apply for a TWP provided the company I am working for seeks and obtains a positive LMO. If I can obtain a two year TWP and continue employment with that company would I then be able to apply for PR via the CEC route if I count skilled work experience gained during my IEC and TWP permits?

What are the implications in getting a TWP arranged whilst in Canada on an IEC permit – I know this can be a time-consuming process and I wouldn't want to risk nearing the expiry of my IEC and not having something in place. There is info out there but it lacks clarity and doesn't relate to my circumstance (i.e. someone who has a Canadian gf and is considering marriage etc.)

So... considering my plans do you think the IEC>TWP>PR via CEC is the best route to take or, considering my line of work (i.e. skilled occupation 1224: Property administrators) would I be better applying for PR in the first instance via an alternative method? Pros and Cons would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all advice shared! :)

Andy