+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Province and City is the best option to settle?

royals_tobe

Aug 22, 2012
Hallo,

Please help to understand the below mentioned points, since I am planning to Land-up in Vancouver

1. Which Province and city should be preferred to settle down??
1. How should I get immediate jobs(Survival also preferred), as I am a Banker for more than 10 to 12 yers of experience
2. How to find a job?? weather taking help from consultants, or applying online or approaching banks personally.
3. Approximately as per your experience, how much days it should take to get a job both survival and permanant.
4. What clothes should I carry before landing?

2good2btrue

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-03-2012 (1st AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
25-05-2012 (2nd AOR) & start of processing on 11-10-12
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
08-11-2012 & reached on 28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012 (PR Card Received = Mar/2013 & moving to Canada in Sep/2013))
Hello,

Some points that could help

Point 1: Its upto you as to which city you want to settle. What are your requirements in selecting a city ? Do you have friends or you know someone who can help ?
Point 2: Well if you are a Banker, a good starting point would be to make a list of all the major banks in Canada. Identify where they are located and look up on their website to understand what kind of hiring are they doing.
Point 3: Its always much better to join some networking group to understand the job market in your field, may be you can start with groups on linkedIn and explore there to begin with.
Point 4: Finding a job is all based on how many people you know, if you can get some referral its much easier.
Point 5: Clothes, again it depends on when you are going to land. If you go there in winter, make sure you take warm clothes. Since you never know what kind of job you might get, its always good to have formal dress and casual dress.

To begin with when you land in Canada, try to spend time with someone you know or if you dont know anyone, try to stay at a hostel or backpacker place. These places would always have temporary job ads etc, you can build your network from there.

Also you might just enroll for a short course (either 1 month or 3 months) which could be part time or weekend mode, this will help you to understand a bit more about your professional job and give you opportunities to meet people in the same field.

See if you can work in a similar field as banking, something like supporting financial planners, tax accountants etc. there are many regulations in Canada, understand if you can use your credentials to work in Canada or upgrade your skills.

All the best.

Cheers

royals_tobe

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks a lot To good,

Your suggestion will definitely help me out, and I am pretty confident and mentally prepared to apply the same practically. Since I dont know anybody in the country, I have to find out a hostel in Vancouver, where I could have the chances to explore myself. In order to manage my expenses, to get a survival job is a big challenge in front of me?? Please if you can have a clarification on it.

Thanks and Regards

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
royals_tobe said:
Hallo,

Please help to understand the below mentioned points, since I am planning to Land-up in Vancouver

1. Which Province and city should be preferred to settle down??
1. How should I get immediate jobs(Survival also preferred), as I am a Banker for more than 10 to 12 yers of experience
2. How to find a job?? weather taking help from consultants, or applying online or approaching banks personally.
3. Approximately as per your experience, how much days it should take to get a job both survival and permanant.
4. What clothes should I carry before landing?
1. Each and every province have their pros and cons...the best take is to go where you have friends and family...
2. Survival jobs are easy if you are recommended by your friends or relatives...
3. the best way is to prepare your resume as per the demand...if you apply with your high qualification then you are over qualified and via versa..so its better to build a resume as per your job requirements.
4. You might get survival job quickly but for permanent job you have to do your homework very hard..i would advice you to join co op programs which will finally help you to get your Canadian qualification and in field experience which may result to your expected career.
5. take warm clothes for cold winter...

Regards, Spartan!