+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which province after studies in Ontario

samaygrover

Dec 22, 2013
hey everyone!

I completed my post graduation studies in computer applications from Toronto in February 2016 and got an open work permit in April 2016 (3 years) Toronto. I use to work as a gas station cashier along with studies but after studies i got serious and i started totally focus on my job hunting related to my field . its tough to get a job in Toronto and luckily i got contract job of 6 months at CIBC bank as a technical support yesterday through an agent its 16$/hour and joining is from 1 September.

PS- i dint have any job experience in back home

My Questions are :-

1.should i go for this job? Is There any chances for PR IN that ?or move to some other province and try to find a job over there.?

people told me that its difficult to get a PR in Toronto.if you are joining that job you would be stuck here for 6 month and after that if you are moving to other province then i have less time to apply for PR(as per other provinces rules)

2. if moving to other province is a good idea which province should i move ?
As am gonna keep focusing on IT jobs but i want to secure my PR first so which province or cities within province should i move and start job hunting over there. Which province having same opportunities like in Toronto?

3. Saskatchewan is good in terms of PR ? or nova Scotia or other province?
one of my buddy completed studies with me and he did not try for jobs in Toronto . he moved straight away after Graduation and i talked to him he told if you get work within your field for 6 months you can eligible for pnp? is that true?

please suggest me some useful links or suggest me where i can find rules of other provinces.

thank you very much for helping me out like you did before

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hi,
It all depends on the employer whether they will support for your PNP/PR. If I were you, I would take the job(as you have time) , earn some money and then think about pnp/pr. Also see if they can provide you a full time after contract. If they do, dont move...Apply for federal as every where you need 1 yr experience.

IF you think you want to move after 6 months, you would have enough $ and confidence to do so.

Stay put, rules will change again before Jan. and then you can decide.

All the best!!
~krs

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
krs said:
Hi,
It all depends on the employer whether they will support for your PNP/PR. If I were you, I would take the job(as you have time) , earn some money and then think about pnp/pr. Also see if they can provide you a full time after contract. If they do, dont move...Apply for federal as every where you need 1 yr experience.

IF you think you want to move after 6 months, you would have enough $ and confidence to do so.

Stay put, rules will change again before Jan. and then you can decide.

All the best!!
~krs
This is good advice get into work for the next 6 months earn some money, keep looking at the job market both in Toronto and other cities. The advantage you have by staying put for now in Toronto is familiarity which can be worth more than moving to new city and starting afresh with no job. Get this 6 months experience as that starts to make you attractive to employers then move forward from there. Good luck