+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which program to apply ??!

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hi ...

I will tell you my case because i don't know which program to apply.

i am a yemeni who lives in saudi arabia and i was married to a canadian. five years later i got a divorce.

i just graduated and i have my bachelor degree of Architecture and design, and i wanna work and live in
canada. i also have a canadian daughter, and i have her custody. i want to take her with me to canada to study there.

do i have a small chances in getting work there ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ...

I will tell you my case because i don't know which program to apply.

i am a yemeni who lives in saudi arabia and i was married to a canadian. five years later i got a divorce.

i just graduated and i have my bachelor degree of Architecture and design, and i wanna work and live in
canada. i also have a canadian daughter, and i have her custody. i want to take her with me to canada to study there.

do i have a small chances in getting work there ???
The chances of securing a job in Canada so that you can apply for a work permit are effectively nil. It's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process which is required in order for you to apply for a work permit.

If you want to come to Canada, forget about trying to find a job - it's not going to happen. You should instead focus on applying to immigrate through one of Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry. You can find information about these programs in the link below. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Note that in order to apply to immigrate to Canada, you must have at least one year of full time paid work experience in a skilled profession.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
@scylla

can i apply for express entry even though i am a fresh graduate and still don't have experience. i only did a non paid internships in saudi arabia ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla

can i apply for express entry even though i am a fresh graduate and still don't have experience. i only did a non paid internships in saudi arabia ???
No - you can't. You must obtain one year of full time and paid work experience before you can qualify to apply to immigrate to Canada.

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
@scylla
ok i understand now. thank you very much. i will work on that. one last question. after i become qualified to apply, do i have the choice of choosing which city to immigrate to? cuz i visited Calgary last month, and i really loved it and i wish to go back there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@scylla
ok i understand now. thank you very much. i will work on that. one last question. after i become qualified to apply, do i have the choice of choosing which city to immigrate to? cuz i visited Calgary last month, and i really loved it and i wish to go back there.
Yes you can choose any city although if you are part of a provincial nominee program you have to attempt to settle in that province first. I would research the various economic immigration programs. 1 degree may not give you enough points. You also need to take your IELTS and have your degree evaluated.