+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which private insurance during the 3 month wait period?

duyguu

Aug 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
We will be moving as permanent residents to Ontario next month with my husband and 10 month old son. He hasn't been to a harsh climate before therefore I am kind of concerned for his well being.
I know there is a three month wait period until ohip coverage.
How do I find the best private insurance to cover that gap? Any experience regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
Hi everyone,
We will be moving as permanent residents to Ontario next month with my husband and 10 month old son. He hasn't been to a harsh climate before therefore I am kind of concerned for his well being.
I know there is a three month wait period until ohip coverage.
How do I find the best private insurance to cover that gap? Any experience regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.
You can browse through the options online and get an instant quote here - Medical Insurance for Newcomers

As newcomers to Canada you can get the coverage for medical emergency treatment while you are waiting to receive OHIP. If you are looking for a comprehensive benefit package, I would suggest to take a look at TuGo, Manulife or Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) insurance providers.