+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which pre-landing bank?

zinneken

Aug 6, 2013
MY ORIGINAL QUESTION:

I'm searching for a Canadian bank who will open an account for me prior to my PR landing. I would like to wire money so that when I land I have access to funds and banking straight away.

I have found that RBC can do this, and that BMO can open a locked account until you land. Which other banks allow for opening an account prior to landing? Thanks!

EDIT:
I'll add to the below list as suggestions come in. The more suggestions come in, the better this list will become for all newcomers.

1. Banks allowing to open an account, wire money into the account and make transactions from the account prior to landing.

RBC: Forms need to be lawyer certified or certified in one of the worldwide branches.
HSBC: (waiting for instructions from HSBC as to which documents they need)

2. Banks allowing to open an account and wire money into the account prior to landing, but not make transactions from the account prior to landing.

BMO: Forms need to be lawyer certified.

3. Banks allowing to open an account prior to landing, but not wire money into the account or make transactions from the account prior to landing.

Scotiabank

4. Banks with no services prior to landing

ING Direct

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSBC.

However, depending on which Canadian bank machines you encountered, you can also access your home country's bank money using your bank machines card having logos such as CIRRUS, PLUS, CHASE, Unionpay etc.

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
zinneken said:
I'm searching for a Canadian bank who will open an account for me prior to my PR landing. I would like to wire money so that when I land I have access to funds and banking straight away.

I have found that RBC can do this, and tha BMO can open a locked account until you land. Which other banks allow for opening an account prior to landing? Thanks!
Go for scotia bank or RBC. I am sure TD will not be allowing this.... TD is good to go once u land...

Shef

zinneken

Aug 6, 2013
Thanks for these replies.
I'm building on a list which I'll put in the OP. Any further additions are welcomed!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017