+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which part of BC should I settle?

Hiatusssss

Jan 3, 2021
Greetings! My wife and I are going to BC next year and is still mulling over which area we should settle in. Richmond doesn't seem like a good fit as we don't really want to live in a Chinese-flooded community although we know Chinese. Vancouver Downtown seems a bit too over-budget for us. So we are currently considering Burnaby, Coquitlam and Surrey. For now, we think that Burnaby is the best choice as it is not so far away from Downtown and the transport is convenient to get to the vicinity. Anyone can share their experience with us please :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like you said Burnaby is not so far away from downtown, it might be your best choice. Otherwise, North Vancouver is also an option. You will just use the bridge or seabus to downtown, while near the mountains for you to explore.

Hiatusssss

Jan 3, 2021
Yay. Im a hiking enthuiast so North Vancouver did cross my mind. But I was told the rental and property price in North Van are exorbitant.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay. Im a hiking enthuiast so North Vancouver did cross my mind. But I was told the rental and property price in North Van are exorbitant.
For Burnaby, there are trails near Simon Fraser University. Or you can live near the Central Park near Metrotown.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Surrey is full of Indians, North Van Persians, Burnaby Vietnamese, Chinese, Pinoy. Take your pick