+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Outland spousal sponsorship is faster (Quebec or out of Quebec )?

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
Hi Folks ,
I am a permanent resident of Canada living in Quebec since last 8 years . I am recently married and I want to sponsor my wife . My permanent residency with Quebec took a lot of time (almost 2 years ) .So am wondering if it’s the same case (slow)with spousal sponsorship too . I am currently working (remotely ) permanently with a Quebec employer. I am thinking if I relocate to somewhere out of Quebec (say Ottawa ) , apply for spousal Pr from there and work remotely. Will the application be faster( considering my ties with Quebec , I don’t know if it’s a good idea ) ? Or it’s the same as applying from Quebec ? If it’s the same , how about Quebec setting a threshold(as per Canada -Quebec accord) and how is the delay in applying for csq compensated ? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Folks ,
I am a permanent resident of Canada living in Quebec since last 8 years . I am recently married and I want to sponsor my wife . My permanent residency with Quebec took a lot of time (almost 2 years ) .So am wondering if it’s the same case (slow)with spousal sponsorship too . I am currently working (remotely ) permanently with a Quebec employer. I am thinking if I relocate to somewhere out of Quebec (say Ottawa ) , apply for spousal Pr from there and work remotely. Will the application be faster( considering my ties with Quebec , I don’t know if it’s a good idea ) ? Or it’s the same as applying from Quebec ? If it’s the same , how about Quebec setting a threshold(as per Canada -Quebec accord) and how is the delay in applying for csq compensated ? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
If you are living in Quebec, there is an extra step to the sponsorship process (CSQ). So it will most likely be faster if you move outside of Quebec before you apply to sponsor your partner.

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
If you are living in Quebec, there is an extra step to the sponsorship process (CSQ). So it will most likely be faster if you move outside of Quebec before you apply to sponsor your partner.
Thanks for the reply @scylla. Is there a way to know (any spreadsheets etc) how slow is it currently with Quebec in comparison to out of Quebec ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply @scylla. Is there a way to know (any spreadsheets etc) how slow is it currently with Quebec in comparison to out of Quebec ?
I'm not aware of anything like that which compares the two.

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
I'm not aware of anything like that which compares the two.
Nah, I’m not expecting any single entity that compares both. If you have links of spreadsheets for Outland spousal sponsorship with Quebec and for rest of Canada ..I can compare myself. If there are no such spreadsheets, is there a common spreadsheets for Outland spousal sponsorship?