+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which office should I send my passport(s) to for PR visa?

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just got a letter from CIC today (Oct 9th) asking me to send passports in for PR visa. The thing is, as I am living in Canada, I did the landing on October 5th in Vancouver. My son who is in the application with me is living in my home country, he would need a PR visa to come to Canada. Now I received this letter below. My situation is neither Applicants residing in Canada nor Applicant residing Outside of Canada. I need your help to figure out:

1- Do I have to send in my passport for PR visa, even though I already did the landing step, live in Canada and was told that the PR card is being sent to my address?
2 - Where do I send my passport to, where do I send my son's passport to? Do I send them separately or together?

Thank you very much!
Selene

Dear Selene N.:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. The processing of your application is almost complete. Before a permanent resident visa can be issued to you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable), you will need to follow the steps below.

Appendix A How to Submit your Passport(s), Photos and Appendix B

Applicants who reside outside of Canada should send their documents to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore through the secure services offered by a Canada Visa Application Centre (VAC). The service includes two-way secure shipping and tracking. Once processing has been completed, passports will be returned to the Canada VAC for collection by the applicants. Processing may be longer for passports which are not sent via a Canada VAC. Please see the instructions below. Applicants who reside in Canada may send documents to our Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. Please see the instructions below. PLEASE NOTE: Passports may not be submitted in person to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

Applicants residing OUTSIDE OF CANADA
Submit to a Canada Visa Application Centre (VAC). For information on your nearest VAC (address, service hours, and instructions for how to submit passports, photos and Appendix B) please visit the following website and click on the country flag for your nearest VAC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visaapplication-centre.html IMPORTANT You must submit a copy of this request letter to the VAC when submitting your passport(s), photos and Appendix B. You may submit your passport(s), photos and Appendix B at any VAC; however, please note that your passport will be returned to the VAC where it was submitted.

Applicants residing IN CANADA

If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s), photos and Appendix B to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. You are required to send your documents together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:  One pre-paid Xpresspost return envelope from Canada Post so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier. Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address: CPC – Ottawa – PR PO Box 8781 Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9