+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC to nominate? 4313-Non-commissioned ranks OR 1221-Administrative officers

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

I want to apply for Canadian PR. I was a Gunner in the army in my country but my daily job included working in the regimental training wing and do all the administrative work ranging from to course bookings to soldier career management and data analysis. so what NOC would i nominate for Express Entry, 4313 or 1221? Does anyone have an idea? I dont have much money to hire an immigration consultant. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

My response will be aligning with what I've understood of claiming points on an NOC and IRCC's standards.

Basically, to claim points, you have to prove you have enough experience within an NOC - experience that equates in number of years and wherein you've performed the main duties and 50% of the other duties listed under the NOC's description.

This is as certain as a response I can give you. :)

Of the 2 NOC's you're deliberating on, which title and which line up of tasks most closely connects with the job you've done.

Reactions: livingforever

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
Hi,

My response will be aligning with what I've understood of claiming points on an NOC and IRCC's standards.

Basically, to claim points, you have to prove you have enough experience within an NOC - experience that equates in number of years and wherein you've performed the main duties and 50% of the other duties listed under the NOC's description.

This is as certain as a response I can give you. :)

Of the 2 NOC's you're deliberating on, which title and which line up of tasks most closely connects with the job you've done.
Thanks for your reply. The problem is my job duties align with both of these NOCs equally and the discharge letter given by my Commanding Officer is confusing too. The letter mentions I worked directly for training officer managing soldiers's career(aligns with NOC 1221) but I was a Gunner in the army(aligns with NOC 4313) by rank and job profile. If you like, i can email you the discharge letter to have a look:)

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
okay, let me put it this way:

NOC 4313 main duties- I did ALL of them in military.
NOC 1221 main duties- I did almost ALL of them too.

I however, think I have now reached a decision, its 4313. Because I not only performed all of the Main duties of 4313 but also meet the Employment Requirements as my discharge letter says where i have been through what type of military training(which i dont in case of NOC 1221) as listed in the NOC.

My discharge letter doesn't list detailed duties of either of NOC and the army doesn't provide work experience letters. There is something called "Certificate of Service" (of several pages) we get when we leave forces, it details all the training and courses completed during the career. This certificate further confirms that I was a trained Gunner as It lists the artillery and other defence equipment i am trained to operate(further aligns with whats written in my NOC).

So I am going ahead with NOC 4313 and with the type of paperwork I have to prove work experience. Please let me know if I am thinking along the correct lines. Thanks a lot for all your help so far!:)

Reactions: phl2019

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Between ALL and almost ALL, the former sounds better. That’s what I have to say. ;)

Good luck tho, bro!

mansoor123

Jul 1, 2019
Hi can you please guide me as if my duties fall in NOC 1221 Administrative officers.

The officer is looking after the Community Service Program and is responsible in implementing and administering various community service activities, undertaking all aspects of publication, marketing, monitoring, evaluation and analysis of administrative procedures and operations of the program. The duties include:
  1. Coordinate community service office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures for conducting civic engagement activities
  2. Keep Liaison with Community Service Club and Community Service mandatory course publication, marketing and media team to ensure timely content generation of events
  3. Prepare civic engagement data and prepare Annual reports and cost benefit analysis reports.
  4. To plan and provide support for administrative services for conduct of successful activities, such as venue allocation, accommodation of guests, security clearance forms, and post event disposals.
  5. To develop and ensure timely preparation of all community service related publications and submissions for monthly university publications and news articles for website and social media platforms.
  6. Maintains a database of all the publications (write-ups/pictures), any publishing materials, record of semester wise events, record of financial data, record of donors for various projects etc.
  7. Compiling data for research papers and take part in research case studies to be published in journal papers and conference proceedings
  8. Supervision of community service staff to ensure timely conduct of civic engagement activities.

imei2012

Feb 12, 2020
hey buddy a soldier here soon proceeding on discharge and already setting plans in motion I have already started working on a draft on how the reference letter should look like ...How did you proceed if you don't mind me asking ....you can Dm thanks