+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC should I choose 2171 or 2172

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
Dear all

My Job title is Business analyst and my brief job description would be
 Daily and Weekly Reporting of Business Performance
 Automation of reports to build efficiency
 Interacting with various business owners to understand the issues and corrective actions
 Providing ad-hoc data analyses
 Supporting initiatives that will enable business objectives

Kindly provide your opinion on this. Should I choose

2172 Database analysts and data administrators
or
2171 Information systems analysts and consultants

for your reference - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2172
Database analysts
  • Collect and document user requirements
  • Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
  • Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
  • Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
  • Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
  • May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
and

Information systems business analysts and consultants - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2171

• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
  • Conduct business and technical studies
  • Design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions
Thanks

Reactions: Joe110

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
Also, do let me know if there are other NOC apt for my work experience. I just found these two(based on my understanding) relevant to my work

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
Right. For now I have chosen 2172. But I have also read in this forum that I can change Noc later after ita and give a loe. Explaining reasons (in case later I feel that 2171 is more apt)

As long as score is not affected, we can make our application better.. So for now its 2172

My quesn is who can write job letter for me (in case company doesn't give me letter officially)

Thanks

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
If u are really working for a company they must give you some kind of job letter or offer letter that u signed while joining...there will not be any agencies that will assist you to print a letter on behalf of your company....Noc code is totally your knowledge based choice...someone cant suggest exactly and if it goes wrong later...so choose what fits in for yourself

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
I have appointment letter(with salary details and company policies), relieving letter (date of joining and resigning), and bank statements where I received salary

But job responsible etc are not mentioned anywhere

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I have appointment letter(with salary details and company policies), relieving letter (date of joining and resigning), and bank statements where I received salary

Well, you need one should you wish to continue with your immigration application to Canada. Alternatively, an affidavit signed by your supervisor should also do good.

Reactions: crescent_jam

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

I concur with Jakev; you MUST include job duties and responsibilities SOMEWHERE in your work experience documentation. This is one of the major reasons for providing the documentation. IRCC needs to have something to compare your chosen NOC Code against, to ensure you selected the correct NOC Code and are actually a Skill Type/Level 0, A or B (otherwise you're not eligible for FSW or CEC).

Reactions: RMJi

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
job description document that was uploaded during campus placement, a simple pdf without date and letter head. will that work?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
job description document that was uploaded during campus placement, a simple pdf without date and letter head. will that work?
Um...you might need to get it notarized or otherwise endorsed to prove it's actually YOUR job description...if the reference letter doesn't specifically point to the job description (e.g. please see attached job description to accompany this letter), then you could, in theory, get any job description, whether or not it actually matches your job, and tell IRCC it's your job description. It might leave too much room for doubt and skepticism on IRCC's part...

Reactions: RMJi

Roh_04

Feb 13, 2019
Dear all

My Job title is Business analyst and my brief job description would be
 Daily and Weekly Reporting of Business Performance
 Automation of reports to build efficiency
 Interacting with various business owners to understand the issues and corrective actions
 Providing ad-hoc data analyses
 Supporting initiatives that will enable business objectives

Kindly provide your opinion on this. Should I choose

2172 Database analysts and data administrators
or
2171 Information systems analysts and consultants

for your reference - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2172
Database analysts

• Collect and document user requirements
    • Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
    • Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
    • Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
    • Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
    • May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
and

Information systems business analysts and consultants - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2171

• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
  • Conduct business and technical studies
  • Design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions
Thanks[/QUOTE
Hey, which NOC code did you apply under? I have similar job duties

Dec 15, 2019
Please suggest what NOC to choose - 2171 or 2172 for each roles -

Company A - Current Project Job Duties - (Role - ETL Informatica Support and Administrator, Job Title Senior Consultant)
As an Informatica Administrator perform system administration of all Informatica Powercenter Client v10.1.1 environments including Production, Pre-Production (UAT) and QA (Testing), grant user access accounts, roles, privileges.
As a Support analyst provide Application and Environment Support with Research and Correct/Escalate the Data Issues in production
Handle Incident Management on Service Now, configuration management, operational change, problem determination and resolution on a 24x7 basis.
Change Management and work on listed scheduled tasks as per the release plan.
Handle all Service incidents and queries within the agreed service levels (SLA).
Perform Service Requests based on Standard Operating Procedures.
Experience with different connections like Relational connection, Native connections, and Application connections.
Handle issues independently and suggest/implement services improvements plans.
Identify and highlight scope of automation of manual activities.
Work on Manual and Automated Code Deployments and Release Management activities.
Coordinate with multiple teams to make sure environment is up to date and ready for testing before Production release.
Work with different stake holders on triage call, handling defects, Issue Analysis, communicate effectively, attend planning meetings, clearly articulate technical issues, define detailed tasks, represent on customer calls to make sure environment is stable and healthy
Experience in SDLC process, Change Data Capture on Power Exchange, agile methodology.
Experience in Windows and Linux environment, working knowledge on Linux Commands.
Communicate planned maintenance/outages to stakeholders and users.
Provide 24x7 rotational off hours on call support.
Create and maintain wiki documentation, technical writing and documentation

Company A Past Project Job Duties - (Role - ETL Informatica Developer, Job Title Technical Lead)
Informatica Developer using Informatica Power Centre v10.1.1 and v9.5.1
Attended business meetings and status calls with clients to understand requirements, database design and translated into technical specifications.
Extensively used ETL methodology for Extraction, Transformation, and Loading data into target tables using Informatica Power Center tools like Designer, Repository manager, Work flow manager, Workflow monitor.
Used various Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Union, and XML Source Qualifier to develop Informatica Mappings, Sessions and Workflows.
Clear understanding and implementation of full Software Development life cycle (SDLC).
Worked with multiple sources such as Relational Databases, Flat files, Informatica power exchange(pwx) etc and also used Mapping Parameters and Variables.
Did thorough Unit Testing of source, target, sessions, and mappings and also did Integration Testing as part of data warehousing project.
Wrote basic Unix Shell Scripts required for the ETL processes.

Company B. Job Duties - (Role - BI Cognos Report Developer, Job Title Sales Reporting Professional)
✓ Responsible for development and implementation of various types of reports using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Reporting tool applying Data Warehousing concepts.
✓ Handled various phases of projects that included requirement analysis, design, development, Implementation and testing for end-to-end IT solution offerings.
✓ Developed various types of reports like List, Cross tab, Chart, Dashboard and Active reports.
✓ Created Parameter map, filters, prompts, calculations, and published packages using Framework Manager.
✓ Created drill-through, Master-detail relationship and report views in Report studio.
✓ Involved in creating Burst report in report studio to distribute the report among multiple recipients.
✓ Applied Conditional formatting, Conditional style, Conditional block and Conditional variables on different kinds of prompt functionalities.
✓ Possessed extensive knowledge on different approaches to develop the reports for Data Warehousing concepts which were Managed/Complex reports.
✓ Worked on Master-detail relationships, Repeater table, Drill through between parent and child reports and self-drill through in a single report.
✓ Implemented Active reports functionality available in Cognos for the Sales Connect Execution Dashboard Project.
✓ Created dashboards with Crosstab, List, Chart, and maps with the available components in Active reports Deck, Data Deck, Tab Control, Button bar and data Button bar and provided interactive behavior between the components as per the business need.
✓ Provided the security features to protect the data and lead the project as and when required and suggested technical suggestion’s to improve the Active report performance.
✓ Worked on advanced features of Report Studio such as Conditional Variables, Conditional Blocks, Drill-through, Page Break, Master-Detail relationships and various kinds of prompts (Value prompt, Date prompt, Textbox prompt).
✓ Worked on user’s setup, also worked on Security part of Framework Manager.
✓ Created Query Prompts, Calculations, Conditions, and Filters in the Reports.
✓ Scheduled and distributed reports through TBS Manager.
✓ Worked extensively on MS Excel.
✓ Checked the output according to the specifications and improvised.
✓ Involved in the resolution of report performance issues.
✓ Involved in the Sanity Testing of the reports on weekly basis and updated the defect Tracking Tools.

friswana

May 18, 2020
Please suggest what NOC to choose - 2171 or 2172 for each roles -

Company A - Current Project Job Duties - (Role - ETL Informatica Support and Administrator, Job Title Senior Consultant)
As an Informatica Administrator perform system administration of all Informatica Powercenter Client v10.1.1 environments including Production, Pre-Production (UAT) and QA (Testing), grant user access accounts, roles, privileges.
As a Support analyst provide Application and Environment Support with Research and Correct/Escalate the Data Issues in production
Handle Incident Management on Service Now, configuration management, operational change, problem determination and resolution on a 24x7 basis.
Change Management and work on listed scheduled tasks as per the release plan.
Handle all Service incidents and queries within the agreed service levels (SLA).
Perform Service Requests based on Standard Operating Procedures.
Experience with different connections like Relational connection, Native connections, and Application connections.
Handle issues independently and suggest/implement services improvements plans.
Identify and highlight scope of automation of manual activities.
Work on Manual and Automated Code Deployments and Release Management activities.
Coordinate with multiple teams to make sure environment is up to date and ready for testing before Production release.
Work with different stake holders on triage call, handling defects, Issue Analysis, communicate effectively, attend planning meetings, clearly articulate technical issues, define detailed tasks, represent on customer calls to make sure environment is stable and healthy
Experience in SDLC process, Change Data Capture on Power Exchange, agile methodology.
Experience in Windows and Linux environment, working knowledge on Linux Commands.
Communicate planned maintenance/outages to stakeholders and users.
Provide 24x7 rotational off hours on call support.
Create and maintain wiki documentation, technical writing and documentation

Company A Past Project Job Duties - (Role - ETL Informatica Developer, Job Title Technical Lead)
Informatica Developer using Informatica Power Centre v10.1.1 and v9.5.1
Attended business meetings and status calls with clients to understand requirements, database design and translated into technical specifications.
Extensively used ETL methodology for Extraction, Transformation, and Loading data into target tables using Informatica Power Center tools like Designer, Repository manager, Work flow manager, Workflow monitor.
Used various Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Union, and XML Source Qualifier to develop Informatica Mappings, Sessions and Workflows.
Clear understanding and implementation of full Software Development life cycle (SDLC).
Worked with multiple sources such as Relational Databases, Flat files, Informatica power exchange(pwx) etc and also used Mapping Parameters and Variables.
Did thorough Unit Testing of source, target, sessions, and mappings and also did Integration Testing as part of data warehousing project.
Wrote basic Unix Shell Scripts required for the ETL processes.

Company B. Job Duties - (Role - BI Cognos Report Developer, Job Title Sales Reporting Professional)
✓ Responsible for development and implementation of various types of reports using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Reporting tool applying Data Warehousing concepts.
✓ Handled various phases of projects that included requirement analysis, design, development, Implementation and testing for end-to-end IT solution offerings.
✓ Developed various types of reports like List, Cross tab, Chart, Dashboard and Active reports.
✓ Created Parameter map, filters, prompts, calculations, and published packages using Framework Manager.
✓ Created drill-through, Master-detail relationship and report views in Report studio.
✓ Involved in creating Burst report in report studio to distribute the report among multiple recipients.
✓ Applied Conditional formatting, Conditional style, Conditional block and Conditional variables on different kinds of prompt functionalities.
✓ Possessed extensive knowledge on different approaches to develop the reports for Data Warehousing concepts which were Managed/Complex reports.
✓ Worked on Master-detail relationships, Repeater table, Drill through between parent and child reports and self-drill through in a single report.
✓ Implemented Active reports functionality available in Cognos for the Sales Connect Execution Dashboard Project.
✓ Created dashboards with Crosstab, List, Chart, and maps with the available components in Active reports Deck, Data Deck, Tab Control, Button bar and data Button bar and provided interactive behavior between the components as per the business need.
✓ Provided the security features to protect the data and lead the project as and when required and suggested technical suggestion’s to improve the Active report performance.
✓ Worked on advanced features of Report Studio such as Conditional Variables, Conditional Blocks, Drill-through, Page Break, Master-Detail relationships and various kinds of prompts (Value prompt, Date prompt, Textbox prompt).
✓ Worked on user’s setup, also worked on Security part of Framework Manager.
✓ Created Query Prompts, Calculations, Conditions, and Filters in the Reports.
✓ Scheduled and distributed reports through TBS Manager.
✓ Worked extensively on MS Excel.
✓ Checked the output according to the specifications and improvised.
✓ Involved in the resolution of report performance issues.
✓ Involved in the Sanity Testing of the reports on weekly basis and updated the defect Tracking Tools.
Hey, Which NOC did you choose? My primary skillset is Cognos.