+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC code should I consider ?

Bhushan.tanna

Dec 3, 2019
Please find below the roles and responsibilities which i have performed and suggest the NOC code for the same.

· He was required to ensure seamless and timely delivery based on agreed standards on accuracy and productivity.

· Ensure adherence to policies & procedures as per organization’s standards and laid out SOPs

· To ensure timely delivery based on the agreed standards on accuracy and productivity

· Assign and review work of new joiners engaged in administering accounts receivables and payables

· Follow up and collection of Premiums

· Examine and verify accuracy of work and check routine payments

· Resolving technical queries, identify training needs within the team and arrange for training sessions

2Fish

May 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have recently seen my PR application rejected due to NOC not reflecting my actual work experience (expressed in ref letters).
I have work experience as Ship Manager in a chartering Dpt. of a Shipowner/ Charterer company. Core duties were to operate chartererd vessels after chartering them, find vessels for cargoes of clients through shipbrokers, issue budgets, manage owned vessels throught all kinds of operations, crewing, victualing, and commercial stuff besides finding them suitable voyages and freights.

I agree this could be a bit technical, but when I declared NOC 1315, saw my application rejected and my profile finished unelligible.

Some help on NOC stuff would be more than welcome and thanking you in advance;

2Fish

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have recently seen my PR application rejected due to NOC not reflecting my actual work experience (expressed in ref letters).
I have work experience as Ship Manager in a chartering Dpt. of a Shipowner/ Charterer company. Core duties were to operate chartererd vessels after chartering them, find vessels for cargoes of clients through shipbrokers, issue budgets, manage owned vessels throught all kinds of operations, crewing, victualing, and commercial stuff besides finding them suitable voyages and freights.

I agree this could be a bit technical, but when I declared NOC 1315, saw my application rejected and my profile finished unelligible.

2Fish
Hello,

I am not an expert, however based on what your job description looks like you probably need to explain more details. While the job title doesn’t matter, at least 60% + roles and responsibilities should match the NOC. You may want to consider NOC 0731. You know your job better than anybody and you’re the best judge to determine if this one matches your roles and responsibilities if you had to elaborate your core tasks.

Try again. It’s not the end. All the best.

2Fish

May 29, 2019
Hello,

I am not an expert, however based on what your job description looks like you probably need to explain more details. While the job title doesn’t matter, at least 60% + roles and responsibilities should match the NOC. You may want to consider NOC 0731. You know your job better than anybody and you’re the best judge to determine if this one matches your roles and responsibilities if you had to elaborate your core tasks.

Try again. It’s not the end. All the best.
Hi Zee90999 !

Thank you so much for comforting me in my first intuition,
In fact, NOC0731 looks as the best choice among all - as I considered NOC1215 as well -

Actually, 0731 seems to cover a great extent of my duties, as following:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Main duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Managers in transportation operations

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a transportation company
  • Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods, and ensure compliance with transport regulations
  • Oversee the dispatch, maintenance and service of vehicles, vessels or aircraft
  • Control the company or departmental budget, including acquisitions
  • Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
  • Recruit personnel and oversee their training.
Managers in transportation freight traffic
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of companies or departments responsible for co-ordinating, arranging and monitoring the transportation and movement of goods
  • Arrange for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of goods and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
  • Set performance goals, oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
  • Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods (Coordinate with other depts actually !!!)
  • Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
  • Control the departmental budget
  • Recruit personnel and oversee their training.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually what is here above is the description of main tasks under NOC 0731, in bold My actual duties and in Italic between brackets a small variation in comparison to the NOC description. Believe this makes more than 60% - and I am of the opinion of definitely using this NOC !

Thank you so much again and thanks for your encouragements !

Best regards !!

Reactions: zee90999

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

2Fish
Well, I also think that you need to provide more information related to your job. You need to show that your duties match in accordance with NOC codes. And as previously mentioned, since no one can know your duties better than you, only you can define the best relevant code.

best of luck