+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC Code fits me the Best

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
Hello All - please in finding me the right NOC Code?

I am torn on which NOC code to select. A brief about me:-

I have 10 years of exp. I started as Support Engineer in a leading enterprise telecom software provider company:-

Education:
Engineering in Electronics & Communication

COMPANY 1: from 2007-2011

- came in shifts, performed remote troubleshooting, worked on issues. Provided Level3 support (highest level in non-dev role of the Org).
- Worked on Support tools like Maestro, Matrix and Siebel reporting systems​
COMPANY 1: from 2011-2013
- came out of shifts, became Subject Matter Expert. Became part of Dev, but, not doing coding
- started working on niche area of the product. Looked into logs, tried figuring which area of the code could be potential issue and let it be known to Dev.
- started working more on JIRA, SVN
- I also did a bunch of certifications as well (ccna, wcna, rhce etc.)​

COMPANY 2: from 2013 to 2016
- Became Technical Lead in their Tier4 Product Support Team (it was again part of R&D vertical of the Org) and built the Team
- worked closely with Support Teams (Tier3) on daily basis and they would escalate issues. My job was to find if its a software bug or an administration issue. That filtering I would do, based on:-
-- reading manuals
-- setting up lab environment and replicating the issue
-- Worked here as well on JIRA. Onnce identified as a software issue, raise another JIRA with Dev for them to fix the issue​

COMPANY 3 (back to company 1): from 2016 to present
- again Technical Lead and part of the R&D vertical (again Tier4 Lead, now, for a new product)
- same role to review issues from Support Teams (Tier3) aand decide if its a bug or not
- if bug, open JIRA with Dev
- have a PATENT granted now with me as Inventor (1 of the 3)
- work with Leadership to plan the next phase of how the new versions of the product should be, provide trainings to customers and engineers
- part of core-team to learn new technologies like DevOps, machine learning etc. & work with other Leads to identify ways to implement in the current softwares to make our product future ready​

QUESTIONS:-
1. I feel that I work more than what is defined in NOC Code # 2282, but, I don't think I can claim # 2173 either - since I am not a Developer actually who does coding. What should I chose?

2. My on-paper work revolves on # 2282, but, this is a level1 support and the most elemental level. I was unable to find anything which is on the lines like highest level of Support. # 2282 also needs most basic educational requirements. I have a feeling that this doesn't fall in skilled immigrants and I may get rejected (or wait in queue forever)?

3. Is it possible for me to show Stint1, Company 1 was # 2282 and now, am more like # 2173(in Stint2, company1).

4. My worry is when I will need exp letters, my employers will not write anything other than things in # 2282 (and getting that itself look a fairytale now. I fear sparks happening and they may end up blatently rejecting my request)

Or Is there any other NOC Code that fits my work skills more correctly, please help - which will get me rid off this confusion?

What are my chances if I just use # 2282, do I get qualified as Skilled immigrant for the EE and get the ITA?

Thanks, Arya

**I am sincerely sorry for making this a long read, I hope I can get some suggestions.