+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Which Nationalities immigrate the most to Canada and why? Plz read & reply**

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
So what I get so far is, you do not have any (or too much) racial discrimation there. For big houses and leading a good life, you need to be earning good.

That brings another point: What salary in CAD yearly is considered to be "good" - something which will get you basic necessities and some bit of luxury, savings and everything you want to have when you immigrate - is it 50K (take home/in-hand after all deduction) or more? How much time ldoes it take approximately to get there?

Again, monthly costs:

Decent home: CAD 600
Food and groceries: CAD 1000
Savings: CAD 1000 (or more)
Leisure: CAD 500
Other miscellaneous: CAD 1000

Is the above achievable within a year of landing? Thoughts please? Are there enough good (50K+) paying jobs?

Regards,

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For information:

September 9 2011 - Statistics Canada reported that the unemployment rate rose by 0.1% to 7.3% in August with little overall change in the job market.
Employment has grown by 223,000 over the last year (+1.3%).

Seasonally adjusted, unemployment rates vary from 13.7% (Newfoundland and Labrador) to 4.5% (Sakatchewan).

Rates for all the provinces were (previous month in brackets):

Newfoundland and Labrador 13.7% (11.9%)
Prince Edward Island 11.4% (11.6%)
Nova Scotia 8.9% (9.5%)
New Brunswick 9.2% (10.1%)
Quebec 7.6% (7.2%)
Ontario 7.5% (7.5%)
Manitoba 5.4% (5.7%)
Saskatchewan 4.5% (4.9%)
Alberta 5.6% (5.5%)
British Columbia 7.5% (7.3%)

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
marvik2011 said:
Hi all!!!
This is also my dream to become Canadian one day and the reason why is: I believe that in Canada my child could get better and recognizable education and he/she can get better life stile then in India or else where.
Even my husband is doing well in India ( he is Indian) I still can't feel that this is the best place to rise the kid. First of all me and my husband are different nationalities. After leaving abroad for many years we return back to India, and for me this is first time experience and honestly some thinks are really shocking and I don't want my kid to grow and see all of this. In side our building area is like different world everything is clean, tidy and quiet, nobody peeing on the walls and throwing rubbish through the windows. But only one step out I feel like people don't care at all about city, nobody following traffic rules especially bus & track drives.Even we are living in the one of the biggest city in India power cuts are common and it is almost daily here. It is just a few examples of my day to day life, even I am already here for more then 1 year I sill can't adjust completely.
People talking about racial discrimination in Europe, America and Canada but I can tell you in India it is more or less the same. If I am going any where alone (except Supermarkets and Shopping Malls where price are fixed) people try to cheat me and if we are together they look at me like I am an alien. When my husband introduce me as his wife some people :eek: :eek: looking at me as I stolen something... But of cause not all, we have good friends and colleagues here who is completely different this is I thing is the best part of our life here.
My husband keep saying that economical grow of India is the big advantage for our future. But I am not agree where it is growing??? O.k big offices for IT companies and what else, roads are horrible many beggars on the streets including kids, rubbish all over the city, street dogs and rats....
Some people from Europe may think twice before immigration but people from India who sow some other life stile for sure will not think twice before applying. If you grew up in EU do you remember your childhood where you can go around with friend, where you had you favorite ice creme in the close by shop, here you can't let your kid to go out of building aria and all of them just stuck in the same zone, here people do not go to parks on weekend coz no many parks and even if they are they or locked or believe me you do not want to enter.
This is only my observation being not Indian and living here for more then one year I really believe that one day we will receive our MR and will move to Canada. I and also believe that beginning is always not easy task to complete, but if you believe in your self and know what you want earlier or letter thinks will start moving on the way you want. But as of now I have to adjust here and I will do all my best to see only a positive sites of my life.

Good luck to all!!! And this is my personal opinion why people are so desperate to Immigrate to Canada.

Regards,
Marvik
i think its one in million opinion :eek: :eek: . somebody born outside India especially out of Indian culture won't ever like Indian society . strange to know born in Colombo still have negative opinion on Indian society . sorry to say to but these [ peeing on the walls and throwing rubbish through the windows,roads are horrible many beggars on the streets including kids, rubbish all over the city, street dogs and rats.... ] is common in Colombo too . srilanka a country where genocide is committed in day light .In fact , you are lucky enough to move from srilanka to India and luckily found a husband [ smart move, try to apply for Canadian visa from srilanka , you won't ever get one !! ] . European people and life style are much different to Asian society . Well people may be staring at you as can't speak local language [ either you are over dressed or undressed ] . Better stop freaking out for parks rather try to mingle with local people [ no one cares abt your nationality ]. Do you look really horrible :eek: [When my husband introduce me as his wife some people :eek: :eek: looking at me as I stolen something...]

Even i felt same when i returned to India after few years in Europe [ traffic ] , try to get acquainted rather then complaining . Think twice before posting .In 1 yr how can a person give opinion on some nation?

I want to move to Canada for better life style, career growth and less population . Every Indian has different opinion about immigration . so please don't try to say ,why every Indian want to move out .In 1 yr you cannot adjust to any society on this earth . you are lucky enough to apply for pr from indian rather than from srilanka . criminal check from srilanka takes lot of time .
sorry to say your indian husband has a bad taste of bride or can n't teach you how to mingle with society . :p :p :p :p. Immigration to canada seems to be your idea not of your husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!. so he gave up to your constant nagging . :p :p :p :p :p

S

shibuya

Que beck do hazar barah, dhakan tu toh ek petti india mein kamarela hai phir kaheku phookat mein apne life ka maa bahen karne canada jaane ka sooch rela hai. 8)

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
shibuya said:
Que beck do hazar barah, dhakan tu toh ek petti india mein kamarela hai phir kaheku phookat mein apne life ka maa bahen karne canada jaane ka sooch rela hai. 8)
uska dimaag sanaaak garela re bhai , aur kyaa. ajeeeb ajeeb namune hey re baaaaaap ;D

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
I am Irish and always thought that I would remain here all my life.
To cut a long story short my family life was turned upside down in the space of 20 minutes one night last year and I no longer feel that this is the right place for our children to grow up in and establish themselves in. Having been brought from Belfast to Vancouver in 1981 during the height of the 'troubles' I have always believed that Canada was a safe place for families, where children could grow up safe and sound and fulfill their true potential. That is my reason for immigration.

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
siddharth_pharma84 said:
i think its one in million opinion :eek: :eek: . somebody born outside India especially out of Indian culture won't ever like Indian society . strange to know born in Colombo still have negative opinion on Indian society . sorry to say to but these [ peeing on the walls and throwing rubbish through the windows,roads are horrible many beggars on the streets including kids, rubbish all over the city, street dogs and rats.... ] is common in Colombo too . srilanka a country where genocide is committed in day light .In fact , you are lucky enough to move from srilanka to India and luckily found a husband [ smart move, try to apply for Canadian visa from srilanka , you won't ever get one !! ] . European people and life style are much different to Asian society . Well people may be staring at you as can't speak local language [ either you are over dressed or undressed ] . Better stop freaking out for parks rather try to mingle with local people [ no one cares abt your nationality ]. Do you look really horrible :eek: [When my husband introduce me as his wife some people :eek: :eek: looking at me as I stolen something...]

Even i felt same when i returned to India after few years in Europe [ traffic ] , try to get acquainted rather then complaining . Think twice before posting .In 1 yr how can a person give opinion on some nation?

I want to move to Canada for better life style, career growth and less population . Every Indian has different opinion about immigration . so please don't try to say ,why every Indian want to move out .In 1 yr you cannot adjust to any society on this earth . you are lucky enough to apply for pr from indian rather than from srilanka . criminal check from srilanka takes lot of time .
sorry to say your indian husband has a bad taste of bride or can n't teach you how to mingle with society . :p :p :p :p. Immigration to canada seems to be your idea not of your husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!. so he gave up to your constant nagging . :p :p :p :p :p
Dear Siddharth!!! just to let you know that I am far far away being a Sri Lankan woman :p :p :p I am as you said in India gori or ferangi ;D ;D ;D And after living in Maldives for a few years we had no choice for our VO, so it is Colombo. But you never know where life will take you next and we came to India. And believe me we been living in few other countries where we could adjust very easily as we are mix couple ( even in color ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D) and I can tell you this is a great fun. I will advise you to try to live somewhere else and you will feel BIG different........ I know many Indians who settled abroad and they are happy. Being a ferangi here trust me I have many advantages too... And I have no problem with young generation at all....But seeing all this things around I would prefer to rise my child in Canada and my husband is agree with me. And idea about immigration came from him and his is the main applicant too. So maybe for you it is normal to use horn of your car instead of tern signal and carry 3 children on the small scooty, but for me it is shocking how people can risk their children lifes like this....
And as I told previously this is my personal opinion about immigration....Maybe you miss understand me I have nothing against you life stile here, this is as you were born and nobody can change it. I am married to Indian too, and I am happy, I think Indian men are best husbands in the world!!! Honestly!!!

Shubh Kaamnaayein to you with your immigration process!!!
Cheers,
Marvik.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
The thread is taking a different turn for sure, please don't get personal. Am sure each one of us have our own priorities and preferences and have done lots of research to come to a conclusion that we need to Immigrate.

What I have got so far is,

1. Indians and Pakistans are amongst the most who immigrate to Canada, probably more from Pakistan than its neighbor.
2. People who are either jobless, not very successful in their native countries plan to immigrate to Canada in search of greener pastures.
3. Further, it can also be concluded that all of us know that job opportunities there are no better than our native countries, its just that the search for a destination for its political stability, less corruption, less inflation, and better lifestyle is leading us to Canada.
4. Plenty of people have actually come back after seeing the reality, as they did not get what they expected, worse so, they never got as much as they were getting in their country.
5. Some success stories are there, but very very few.

Let me know if you have anything else to add. Good luck to you all who are going for it, I probably have decided against it...!

Regards,

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Quebec_2012 said:
The thread is taking a different turn for sure, please don't get personal. Am sure each one of us have our own priorities and preferences and have done lots of research to come to a conclusion that we need to Immigrate.

What I have got so far is,

1. Indians and Pakistans are amongst the most who immigrate to Canada, probably more from Pakistan than its neighbor. Highest number of immigrant come from EU - Check stat Canada website
2. People who are either jobless, not very successful in their native countries plan to immigrate to Canada in search of greener pastures. Nop, a large number of people immigrate to Canada who
have good income and careers back home or other countries- will say middle class normally immigrate as skilled worker- 100,000 per month is nothing, number of immigrants from ME earn 3-4 times of 100,000. I was earning £42,000 + Bonus - in my second professional year- in UK before coming to Canada. Moved to Canada to get PR quickly which will increase my chances of getting loan for world class MBA, plus nationality of country which will allow me access to 173 countries without visa, better health services, and better education for my kids.
3. Further, it can also be concluded that all of us know that job opportunities there are no better than our native countries, its just that the search for a destination for its political stability, less corruption, less inflation, and better lifestyle is leading us to Canada. - Job opportunities exist, but a large pool of immigrants never update themselves with labour market requirements, i.e. doctors never bother much to pass society of physician exam, CA's don't try to get recognize by CMA, CA, or CGA Canada, engineers don't bother to register with Institute of Engineers. Every country has different labour market structure. I know people who updates themselves are earning in capacity of $100,000+ in different professions i.e. doctors, engineers, CA's, teachers, project management professionals; but these immigrants struggled in their early days after immigrating to Canada, spent time in school and worked full time.
4. Plenty of people have actually come back after seeing the reality, as they did not get what they expected, worse so, they never got as much as they were getting in their country. No a large pool did that,
5. Some success stories are there, but very very few. Those who tried to merge themselves in labour market got successful, lazy people always go back and they should.

Remember, I try, I fail, I try again, I fail better, I try again, I fail much better, but I try again till I get success. In my opinion, If you are planning to immigrate with this level of negativity in your mind then don't waste your time and money save these for some good holidays. you wouldn't last long in Canada.

Let me know if you have anything else to add. Good luck to you all who are going for it, I probably have decided against it...!

Regards,

masterchief

Sep 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec_2012
i must say that's a good summary you got there, but i want to hear more opinions.
Of course we all know, that the oportunities in Canada are the same in our original countries, at least in mine. The problem is that, from we hear Canada lifestlye is great, the country got much difference in population and in environnment also.
From reading and reading more and more, i think before people think in leaving the origin country, maybe some holidays on other country could help in decide perhaps :\

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Quebec_2012 said:
So what I get so far is, you do not have any (or too much) racial discrimation there. For big houses and leading a good life, you need to be earning good.

That brings another point: What salary in CAD yearly is considered to be "good" - something which will get you basic necessities and some bit of luxury, savings and everything you want to have when you immigrate - is it 50K (take home/in-hand after all deduction) or more? How much time ldoes it take approximately to get there?

Again, monthly costs:

Decent home: CAD 600
Food and groceries: CAD 1000
Savings: CAD 1000 (or more)
Leisure: CAD 500
Other miscellaneous: CAD 1000

Is the above achievable within a year of landing? Thoughts please? Are there enough good (50K+) paying jobs?

Regards,
Are you really doing some research, or just coming up with numbers your self. You need a gross income of 65,000 to match these expenses but these figures are not correct.

Decent home: CAD 600 normally 800+
Food and groceries: CAD 1000 normally 300-400
Savings: CAD 1000 (or more) are you saving this much in your home country, nop so why think high in start, be patient. First get you self a job which gives you a decent living.
Leisure: CAD 500 I never saw my good earning friends spending this much on leisure, Canadian born as well.
Other miscellaneous: CAD 1000 Car insurance + Maintenance + Mobile + other = 500-700

One curious question, what is your NOC?

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks for the post Zulfkal - helpful additions. I will check the Stat Can website for the immigrant details you mentioned, not sure why the EU immigrants pursue Canada PR for. They have the same (if not better) lifestyle, and does not face problems that we from developing countries face...

The only reason why I am being shaky is I have a 2 year old kid, and landing in a foreign location which does not recognize your qualifications/expereince, jobless with bleak immediate possibility of success is kinda freaking me out. I am not negative, just want to understand the reality before I take this very important decision for me, my spouse and my kid.

I did not quite understand the merge in the labor market part - could you please elaborate.

I am encouraged seeing your points on healthcare and education. What can Canada possibly provide that you dod not have in India - need some thoughts here as well.

Thanks again for your insights - looking for more.

Regards,

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
I am a Market Researcher/Project Manager, 4163 NOC I guess with 9 years of overall experience in people & project Management, in India.

The numbers were based on some research I did, some assumptions. Of course, the leisure part would come a year or so down the line when I take my family along. Yes, I am saving around/more than CAD 1000 every month.

Regards,

zulkfal said:
Are you really doing some research, or just coming up with numbers your self. You need a gross income of 65,000 to match these expenses but these figures are not correct.

Decent home: CAD 600 normally 800+
Food and groceries: CAD 1000 normally 300-400
Savings: CAD 1000 (or more) are you saving this much in your home country, nop so why think high in start, be patient. First get you self a job which gives you a decent living.
Leisure: CAD 500 I never saw my good earning friends spending this much on leisure, Canadian born as well.
Other miscellaneous: CAD 1000 Car insurance + Maintenance + Mobile + other = 500-700

One curious question, what is your NOC?

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
marvik2011 said:
Dear Siddharth!!! just to let you know that I am far far away being a Sri Lankan woman :p :p :p I am as you said in India gori or ferangi ;D ;D ;D And after living in Maldives for a few years we had no choice for our VO, so it is Colombo. But you never know where life will take you next and we came to India. And believe me we been living in few other countries where we could adjust very easily as we are mix couple ( even in color ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D) and I can tell you this is a great fun. I will advise you to try to live somewhere else and you will feel BIG different........ I know many Indians who settled abroad and they are happy. Being a ferangi here trust me I have many advantages too... And I have no problem with young generation at all....But seeing all this things around I would prefer to rise my child in Canada and my husband is agree with me. And idea about immigration came from him and his is the main applicant too. So maybe for you it is normal to use horn of your car instead of tern signal and carry 3 children on the small scooty, but for me it is shocking how people can risk their children lifes like this....
And as I told previously this is my personal opinion about immigration....Maybe you miss understand me I have nothing against you life stile here, this is as you were born and nobody can change it. I am married to Indian too, and I am happy, I think Indian men are best husbands in the world!!! Honestly!!!

Shubh Kaamnaayein to you with your immigration process!!!
Cheers,
Marvik.
Agree with Siddharth.
You need to mellow down on what you are saying,lady. Cant quite compare Srilanka with India as the latter is far better off and its a surprise that you claim to be a firang. Lived in maldives - haha , not Europe or the US ;-)
There is no better place to choose than India if you have loads of money - then you can get away with anything . And by what you say, it does look like you are not living in a posh society or the least a good one, from the vast majority - In addition, your kids are not exposed to education that money can buy.
So relax & choose your words wisely ! You can never guarentee a better lifestyle if you fail to succeed in Canada. Living in Europe, I can see the thousands of immigrants who moved here for a better life but end up living on benefits. That meger sum certainly is not what one would choose for better prospects as it must be hard - very hard.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Marvik2011 - can you also add to the discussion I am having with Zulfkal. Why do people from developed nations, like EU immigrate to Canada?

And thanks for bringing the post back on track.

Regards,