+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Which Nationalities immigrate the most to Canada and why? Plz read & reply**

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

This can be interesting. Which nationalities do we applicants and aspiring applicants belong to? And why?

I have been following various forums for the last couple of months, and this is what I think it is.

In order - please confirm or contradict:

1. Pakistan - because of internal unrest
2. India - in pursuit of better lifestyle
3. African countries - both of the above
4. Phillipines - in pursuit of better lifestyle
5. What are the others?

I am about to apply to QSW or FSW 2012, and your inputs would be very helpful to people like us take a conscious decision.

I am 31, married, have a 2 year old, well settled in India - so there is surely a lot at stake immigrating to a foreign location, jobless and hunting for something there which MAY or MAYBE NOT better than what you currently do.

Regards,

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
All people are same, irrespective of their origin. The immigrants choose Canada because
(1) They are welcome here
(2) Racial Discrimination is at its minimum level
(3) Family Immigration
(4) Job Opportunities
(5) Better quality of life
(6) It is English speaking country and people can easily integrate into the society

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I am really curious as to why so many professional people want to move to Canada. I read that Doctors, scientists etc. that are well established in their own Country, uproot and come to Canada to be a cab driver!!!!!!!

Why??????

Can someone please explain this bizarre reasoning to me please.

I am British, I immigrated to Canada because I happened to fall in love with a Canadian and it was easier for me to move here, than he move to the UK. If, for any reason my immigration had not gone through though, we would have moved to the UK with little problem.

But if not for the love part, there is no way I would have moved here. Leaving my home, family and good job just would not have been an option at all.

So again I ask, why do you skilled people want to leave everything behind and start in a strange Country with very little prospects???

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zub2612 said:
All people are same, irrespective of their origin. The immigrants choose Canada because

Some people would debate this point.

It still exists.

(3) Family Immigration

Spousal family is far easier than parental immigration (parental takes years).

(4) Job Opportunities

This is also a debatable point, in some cases, jobs are imaginary; Lots of people do not work in their chosen career ( a big subject).

It depends on what "quality of life" means to the individual concerned.

(6) It is English speaking country and people can easily integrate into the society

Remember that Canada has two official languages, in some places you stand a better chance of success if you speak English and french.

@ angelbrat

Like you, if my wife and I had not met, I doubt that I would have chosen Canada as my home.
We also seriously debated living elsewhere. Moving to Canada has a cost that is far more expensive than just the $$$, too many people see a dream, the reality is quite different.

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
zub2612 said:
(3) Family Immigration
(4) Job Opportunities
Good comment

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
CIC provide detailed statistics on immigration. Highest number of immigrants come from EU countries, then applicants of different nationality from GCC region, then India, then Pak. Professional from Developing countries immigrate to Canada because due to better educational, health facilities for their families, I can't ans why European, Australian immigrate to Canada.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
This is a good debate we are having, folks ... I and hundreds of us who are reading this are aspiring applicants, and it helps to know the reality.

Most important point around JOBs. What I have heard is, you DO NOT get jobs as per your qualifications and experience, as for some strange reason Canada does not recognize "foreign" qualifications and experience. This means, if you were a restaurant manager in your native country, unless you become a cab driver, you can very well end up being a waiter. Nonetheless, the weather may be okay, people may be "livable", but if you do not earn enough, can you buy yourself, your spouse and your kids the same quality of life that you have in your native country?

What I have heard is it takes at least 2-3 years to start living a "decent" lifestyle, very slowly gets better as you start getting promoted from a waiter :)

Is it really worth it? People who have applied, are you guys really in that bad a shape in your native countries? Ditto for people who are about to apply? What went/are going through your minds at the time of applying? Aren't these dreams too rosy to believe?

Again, I am not trying to discourage anyone, just want to understand your points of views so that it helps prepare.

Regards,

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
This is correct, Canadian are very reserve regarding their education and work but still immigrants are able to get the job on basis of their qualification and experience, might not be at same senior level. Reason, why will post later

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from Pakistan and as much as i love my country i still decided to file for immigration because;

1- security situation detoriates with each passing day.
2- unemployment increasing.
3- inflation hitting roof tops. :)
4- life style.

if i have to start from scratch i would rather do it in a country where no one is there to critisize me for what i do for a living.

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Hi all!!!
This is also my dream to become Canadian one day and the reason why is: I believe that in Canada my child could get better and recognizable education and he/she can get better life stile then in India or else where.
Even my husband is doing well in India ( he is Indian) I still can't feel that this is the best place to rise the kid. First of all me and my husband are different nationalities. After leaving abroad for many years we return back to India, and for me this is first time experience and honestly some thinks are really shocking and I don't want my kid to grow and see all of this. In side our building area is like different world everything is clean, tidy and quiet, nobody peeing on the walls and throwing rubbish through the windows. But only one step out I feel like people don't care at all about city, nobody following traffic rules especially bus & track drives.Even we are living in the one of the biggest city in India power cuts are common and it is almost daily here. It is just a few examples of my day to day life, even I am already here for more then 1 year I sill can't adjust completely.
People talking about racial discrimination in Europe, America and Canada but I can tell you in India it is more or less the same. If I am going any where alone (except Supermarkets and Shopping Malls where price are fixed) people try to cheat me and if we are together they look at me like I am an alien. When my husband introduce me as his wife some people :eek: :eek: looking at me as I stolen something... But of cause not all, we have good friends and colleagues here who is completely different this is I thing is the best part of our life here.
My husband keep saying that economical grow of India is the big advantage for our future. But I am not agree where it is growing??? O.k big offices for IT companies and what else, roads are horrible many beggars on the streets including kids, rubbish all over the city, street dogs and rats....
Some people from Europe may think twice before immigration but people from India who sow some other life stile for sure will not think twice before applying. If you grew up in EU do you remember your childhood where you can go around with friend, where you had you favorite ice creme in the close by shop, here you can't let your kid to go out of building aria and all of them just stuck in the same zone, here people do not go to parks on weekend coz no many parks and even if they are they or locked or believe me you do not want to enter.
This is only my observation being not Indian and living here for more then one year I really believe that one day we will receive our MR and will move to Canada. I and also believe that beginning is always not easy task to complete, but if you believe in your self and know what you want earlier or letter thinks will start moving on the way you want. But as of now I have to adjust here and I will do all my best to see only a positive sites of my life.

Good luck to all!!! And this is my personal opinion why people are so desperate to Immigrate to Canada.

Regards,
Marvik

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
angelbrat said:
I am really curious as to why so many professional people want to move to Canada. I read that Doctors, scientists etc. that are well established in their own Country, uproot and come to Canada to be a cab driver!!!!!!!

Why??????

I am British, I immigrated to Canada because I happened to fall in love with a Canadian and it was easier for me to move here, than he move to the UK. If, for any reason my immigration had not gone through though, we would have moved to the UK with little problem.

But if not for the love part, there is no way I would have moved here. Leaving my home, family and good job just would not have been an option at all.

So again I ask, why do you skilled people want to leave everything behind and start in a strange Country with very little prospects???
I fully endorse your opinion, but despite that I would like to move to Canada only because my religion Islam preaches to be nice to others, to be humane and not to discriminate etc, but that is what is missing in my country and I want to move to Canada for that.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Zulfkal, will look forward to your post.

Anyone else? As I mentioned, I am 31, and am very well settled in India. Me and my wife combined earn more than a lac Indian rupees per month. Now, I just wanted to know your thoughts (read: advice & guidance) if it would really make sense for us to start from scratch. If not, why not, if so, why do you say so?

Comments welcome...thanks so far!

Regards,

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
angelbrat said:

Why??????

I believe that for most of us "the grass is always greener on the other side" hence there is a trend for people all over the world to immigrate to Canada/Aus etc. However in ur case, u moved for ur spouse & from my understanding, there are only marginal advantages in moving from UK to Canada and also in quality of life. However, for ppl. like us in developing countries, the change is marked esp. in infrastructure, inflation, corruption, environment,availability of higher quality/better priced goods etc. and most of us also want to also give a better future for our children/families. Also nobody plans to drive cabs/become waiter etc. from our home countries and do aspire to high-paying stable jobs there along with better lifestyle after landing (even though it might take time and effort).

Rgds,
DBag

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
I have visited Canada twice and I love the country. I got Pakistani and British Nationalities. I am well settled in Britain, but Britain is not for non-white people any more. I want to live in a country where there is almost no racial discrimination. I want my kids to be brought up in a society which will treat them equally.
Canada is my dream land. It is so different, we can sponsor brothers sisters there. We can have big house and can live a best life. By the grace of God, I have skills, education, experience and passion to work hard. I am sure that I will not face any major problem in Canada whatsoever.

masterchief

Sep 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me as a portuguese, i think you forget to add that country also :p

i'm also thinking if i should go to canada or not...in portugal i'm unemployed for 1 year...and no one answers to my CV...i just dont know what i should do for the future. I can drive bus and i also got knowledge of management. I know...it's not a wide qualifications like i see in some people in forum :p
but we read that in canada it's also bad to find jobs...so where can we found jobs?
I would like to maybe get in Canada, get a job, know a good canadian girl ^^, and raise a family overthere. The country looks so nice from outside...but the inside what should we expect eheheh

This is really hard to decide anything

Good luck guys that are moving into Canada