+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH MOBILE PHONE CONNECTION SHOULD I GO FOR??????????????????

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
Hi Friends,

I want ur advice on the cel phone connection. Most of the forum members have advised on WIND. however, but many people have questioned its connectivity in missisauga road and surrounding areas. please elaborate ur experience. Is there any serious coverage problem in many areas or its okay.
25 CAD per month + phone

CHAR R is other option which uses rogers towers.
15 CAD per month + phone

Please advise
Thanks

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
Danny, this thread might help to you,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-suggest-best-cellular-service-provider-in-canada-t59385.0.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to figure out what is the best plan for your usage and area, not what is best for other people.

First check what is available in the area where you live, then check which of these companies has a plan you think will best suit your usage. Then before you buy, ask your neighbours where you live or co-workers if you are already working, if they know of any problems with the company you have picked or if they are known to have dead spots in your area.

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
@ PARESHBHAI... THANKS FOR SHARING..

@ LEON... THANKS FOR UR ADVICE..

I have taken wind connnection today... its having good coverage and 25 dollar unlimited calling..

Regards
Danny

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
Hey
I currently reside here as a student in Toronto this is the deal cell phone bills are really high in Canada compared to other parts of the world but it was much higher when i first came but now things are really different from then .New companies have entered the market for telecommunications so it is quite surprising that even with the competition i feel the prices should be as low as the ones in the USA and England.
The main ones you should avoid is Telus,Rogers,Bell, Koodo,Virgin
The reason is they are the most expensive, they do not have unlimited minutes so you may finish your monthly allocation and then they charge you for extra minutes i was paying 50 dollars on extra minutes with Telus
Telus is still a huge rip off, they still charge for system access fees (6.95) crazy right
Fido makes you pay extra 15 dollars for things like voice mail, caller id and messages
if they make you pay for voice mail and caller ID, and messages seperately do not get it
Your best bet should be Chatr, Wind, Mobilicty
They offer unlimited calls within Toronto, unlimited text messages, caller ID AND VOICE MAIL ALL AT A LUMP SUM THIS IS THE BEST DEAL YOU CAN GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but be careful because they are new they do not have strong network service you have to ask If it you can receive and make calls where you live or work first before you buy it.
Also ask about the refund policies
ALL the best

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
Thanks you Dr temmy.. I really appreciate ur effort. Just to let u know that I am now with WIND. checked its network on the web and its covering majority of the places i would be travelling normally.

Regards,
Danny