+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which language exam should I take? CELPIP or IELTS?

jessetr

Oct 10, 2021
Which language exam should I take as a hopeful immigrant still here in the US, no matter what immigration program I use? CELPIP (which one, there are two of them) or the IELTS?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
A basic explanation:

CELPIP:
Fully computer-based.
https://www.celpip.ca/
North American English
Types:
- General: works for permanent residence applications.
- General LS: works for citizenship applications.

IELTS:
Speaking section is done in person with an evaluator.
https://www.ielts.ca/ielts-general-ielts-academic/
UK English
Types:
- General: works for permanent residence/citizenship applications.
- Academic: works for studies applications.

RoonieW

Jan 31, 2022
I would recommend you to do the CELPIP, I have the info of a good academy that can help you on the training if you are interested. I used their services when I used to live in Texas to pass the celpip and migrate here, they are based in Vancouver.
I think they changed their name recently so just let me check if I can find their link, if not, I'm pretty sure I have their phone somewhere on my email.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Which language exam should I take as a hopeful immigrant still here in the US, no matter what immigration program I use? CELPIP (which one, there are two of them) or the IELTS?
IELTS for sure. I took CELPIP twice, every time something is short, once speaking, another time writing. Took IELTS once and was done.

RoonieW

Jan 31, 2022
IELTS for sure. I took CELPIP twice, every time something is short, once speaking, another time writing. Took IELTS once and was done.
Thanks for your info. With "every time something is short" you mean you feel you get less score than you deserved?

avaninders

Apr 7, 2022
In my opinion, IELTS and TOEFL, are similar. it totally depends on you. Due to faster score delivery, automated machine scoring, innovative speaking test, wide acceptance, and flexible test dates and venues, students prefer, and we would also recommend you to choose to take the IELTS exam over the TOEFL test. If you still want to take the IELTS test, no problems. We also have brilliant IELTS Coaching Institutes in India.

May 30, 2022
According to me, you can take both or only IELTS and It depends on you, which you're more interested in. Both are processes for English-speaking writing and for abroad. Choose the leading coaching center in my city Chandigarh Texas Review Chandigarh offers the best IELTS coaching in Chandigarh. It also provides GMAT coaching along with GRE coaching.