+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is the best to transfer money from Canada

Dec 9, 2009
I am an Indian and I want to transfer money to India to buy some property there so which is the best deal to sent money to India.

Request to all seniors for their valuable suggestions.

Dec 9, 2009
Can you please how it works means how should I do the transaction and how much is the limit etc.,

kat87

Apr 26, 2016
I once used Canadian forex( www dot canadianforex dot ca) to transfer funds to Australia. They have pretty good rates as compared to my bank's wire transfer and they have no service charge for transfers of $10,000 and above.

You just have to register and email all the documents needed. You have to transfer the funds to them through bill payment feature of your bank. Back then I think only RBC has the bill payment feature. For the rest of the banks they email you a form to authorize debit in your account for the first time; you won't need that for succeeding transfers.

You still have to check their rules for each country though because the rules for each country differs.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
21685 said:
I am an Indian and I want to transfer money to India to buy some property there so which is the best deal to sent money to India.

Request to all seniors for their valuable suggestions.
If you prefer to use a bank, then go for SBI or ICICI. They do have operations in Canada. You will find their branch on Bay St., downtown Toronto.
If you prefer remittance services, then Remit2India(Times Group) or Click2Remit (run by Kotak Mahindra) are good options. Naturally, you need to open an account with them online as they do not have a physical branch in Canada.

Don't use International/Visa etc transfer services provided by the banks. You will mostly see these options within your online banking module.
Banks usually charge a lot of fee compared to the options I mentioned above.

Source: Have been using Remit2India myself from multiple countries since 2009.