+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH IS THE BEST TIME TO LAND ??? OCTOBER OR FEBRUARY

VANEETA

Feb 1, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have my PR with a deadline to land by 3rd march, 2010. I have nobody of mine in canada. I have a son of3.7 years old. What would you all suggest the best time to land considering all the aspects such as weather, job, and such...

Would be also greatful, if you could please suggest some good properties or estate companies in brampton, mississauga or scarborough..

SENIORS AND LANDED MEMBERS, PLEASE GUIDE.

Regards,
vaneeta

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have my PR with a deadline to land by 3rd march, 2010. I have nobody of mine in canada. I have a son of3.7 years old. What would you all suggest the best time to land considering all the aspects such as weather, job, and such...

Would be also greatful, if you could please suggest some good properties or estate companies in brampton, mississauga or scarborough..

SENIORS AND LANDED MEMBERS, PLEASE GUIDE.

Regards,
vaneeta
February, from my perspective. You have spring ahead of you, rather than winter, and while the Christmas season is wonderful, hiring is very slow around the new year.

Reactions: VishForYourHome

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I'm inclined to agree with the february suggestion although feb is mid winter pretty much so be aware that if you are not familiar with Canadian winter weather you may be in for a shock. Budget to buy some winter clothing after arrival either way.

Reactions: VishForYourHome

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say October. You would be celebrating Octoberfest and Thanksgiving. In Vancouver, it is still consider Fall and no snow nor cold compare to February.

In November, you can do some shopping during the Black Friday sales week (for furniture, winter clothing and much more) and you might save a lot.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
I would say October. Weather in October is still pretty mild and bearable in the Toronto area. Proper snowfall starts only around December. February could be brutal with a number of snowstorms.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am assuming that it is 2019 and not 2010.
The obvious best choice would be to land now. If not then:
1. October if you are from a sunny and warm country and you have never experienced winter so far. It will be a bit easier to adjust. However at a cost more difficult search for apartment.
2. February if you already know what winter is.
3. And the best option is to do a soft landing whenever (short Canadian holiday) and then come for good next April - May.

Good luck

Reactions: qureishi