+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is faster: CEC, FSWP, or the new pathways to PR?

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everybody,

I am eligible to apply for the Canadian Experience Class, FSWP and the French speaking recent international graduate pathway to PR. I understand all those are supposed to be 6 months processing, but I've been reading that CEC might be faster because those applicants are inland and that is what the government is giving priority to. I've also read here and there that the new pathways are also given priority compared to FSWP because those applicants are also inland.

Are there any additional info I am missing to make my decision in terms of which pathway to use to apply for PR?

Thank you very much.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hello everybody,

I am eligible to apply for the Canadian Experience Class, FSWP and the French speaking recent international graduate pathway to PR. I understand all those are supposed to be 6 months processing, but I've been reading that CEC might be faster because those applicants are inland and that is what the government is giving priority to. I've also read here and there that the new pathways are also given priority compared to FSWP because those applicants are also inland.

Are there any additional info I am missing to make my decision in terms of which pathway to use to apply for PR?

Thank you very much.
I will recommend you to go from CEC if you have the eligibility for it, yes for FSWP applicants took more than a year and half so far, and right now they put fsw outland on priority compared to inland applicants.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
The most "tested" programs are FSWP and CEC. Express Entry is a robust program and you can easily get info and resources and a somewhat guarantee timeline.

TR to PR is just a mess right now. There is no timeline and the process is not very well documented. But it looks like once you get your AOR, you should get you COPR in about 1 month. Now, there are people that applied May 6th at 12:40PM EST and they are still waiting for the AOR.