+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is better Outland or Visitor to Inland Spousal Sponsorship ?

kash1718

Nov 15, 2017
H! I have had a PR status in Canada since 2018. I took a break from work and went back home to INDIA in April 2021. I got married in Dec 2021. I came back to Canada in April 2022. I am now working a full-time job. I want to bring my wife to Canada with me. What is the quickest way to do that? Should I apply for a visitor visa then when she comes to Canada apply for an Inland application? or Should I apply outland application and then once the sponsor letter is approved apply for here Visitor Visa? Any experiences/suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
H! I have had a PR status in Canada since 2018. I took a break from work and went back home to INDIA in April 2021. I got married in Dec 2021. I came back to Canada in April 2022. I am now working a full-time job. I want to bring my wife to Canada with me. What is the quickest way to do that? Should I apply for a visitor visa then when she comes to Canada apply for an Inland application? or Should I apply outland application and then once the sponsor letter is approved apply for here Visitor Visa? Any experiences/suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

Could you let me know what did you opt for eventually?

Thanks in advance!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
100% visitor to inland. Your spouse is allowed to stay with you while you're in Canada and the processing is much faster.
Getting a TRV can be challenging and can take time so it doesn’t always make sense not to just apply for Outland. Really depends on how strong the spouses’s profile is. Is the spouse being sponsored working full-time in a well paying job, have they travelled internationally before especially to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.? Do they have any property in their name? How much savings do they have?

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
100% visitor to inland. Your spouse is allowed to stay with you while you're in Canada and the processing is much faster.
Thanks for your reply!!

My spouse visitor visa has been approved and I am planning to bring her on visitor visa and then apply for an Inland spouse sponsorship.

Did the immigration officer ask anything upon arriving in Canada? Should my spouse mention that she will be applying for PR?

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
Getting a TRV can be challenging and can take time so it doesn’t always make sense not to just apply for Outland. Really depends on how strong the spouses’s profile is. Is the spouse being sponsored working full-time in a well paying job, have they travelled internationally before especially to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.? Do they have any property in their name? How much savings do they have?
These days the visitor visa is being approved in two weeks in India, that's why I chose this path for my spouse. Hope that helps for anyone trying to bring their spouse to Canada sooner.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
These days the visitor visa is being approved in two weeks in India, that's why I chose this path for my spouse. Hope that helps for anyone trying to bring their spouse to Canada sooner.
Hey could you please share the details you submitted while applying for visitor visa? I too got married currently in Canada would like to bring my wife on visitor visa

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
Hey could you please share the details you submitted while applying for visitor visa? I too got married currently in Canada would like to bring my wife on visitor visa
My wife showed a bank balance of close to 5k CAD in her accounts, her employment letter, and other savings/investment account details.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not all receive response in 2 weeks. clear approvals or refusals that are determined by a software program receive quick decisions. Others take months for a response.

Reactions: bricks711

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife showed a bank balance of close to 5k CAD in her accounts, her employment letter, and other savings/investment account details.
Tough to say whether she will get a TRV. How long did she ask to visit for? 5k is not a lot. All you can do is wait and see.

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for your reply!!

My spouse visitor visa has been approved and I am planning to bring her on visitor visa and then apply for an Inland spouse sponsorship.

Did the immigration officer ask anything upon arriving in Canada? Should my spouse mention that she will be applying for PR?
Nope nothing at all. He just glanced at our passports and let us through. I would look at the documents required to apply for the spousal visa (i.e. police clearance reports, proof of relationship etc.)

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Disagree. The only difference between inland and outland is where the application is being processed. Inland is much faster. With regards to the actual application; the government is only interested in 2 things > is the marriage genuine and can you support your spouse.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Thanks for your reply!!

No really true. Getting a visitor visa can take many months, and it is not guaranteed you will get one. My wife's outland application was processed extremely fast. At the time of submission, the IRCC processing time for my wife's country was 23 months. Her application was completed in just under 6 months. See my signature for the timeline.