manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BreakingBad said:
I dont know which one's better. I took exam four times . 2-BC, 2-IDP.

My scores:LRWS

8.5 9 6.5 7 -BC
8.5 7 6.5 7 -IDP
9 8 6.5 7 -IDP
8.5 8 6.5 7 -BC.

That is real torture......scoring 6.5 in writing in all 4 exams..

You should have gone for remarking in first exam.....

Reactions: liuox

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For IELTS in Canada which one is better: BC or IDP

I know ppl do say that both are exactly same however I want to know from those who have an experience of giving IELTS in Canada ans was able to score 7 bands in writing section.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
I am not sure which countries have AEO (Australian). But definitely marking at AEO is much lenient at AEO as compared to BC.

simran0

Aug 2, 2019
hello..

i gave ielts exam from british council last month...

i got overall 6 bands i.e listening-6.5,reading-6.5,writing-5.5,speaking-5.0

i have to give exam just because of 5 bands in speaking...

plz, suggest me from where I give ielts exam-british council or idp?
I will clear about the fact about IDP or BC. DOnt be confused about it.
As IDP and British council are the parts of IELTS. Both are formed by Cambridge English Language Assessment. There is no difference between IDP and BC (Although in test format, fee, difficulty level, etc.) because all the tests which are conducted by IDP or BC (British Council) are composed of Cambridge English Language Assessment.

There are so many sites which provide both IDP or BC Online Preparation. It depends on you suits you best for preparing IELTS Practice Test.

FOREIGNDREAMS

Oct 30, 2020
Surrey, Canada
Category........
FSW
hello..

i gave ielts exam from british council last month...

i got overall 6 bands i.e listening-6.5,reading-6.5,writing-5.5,speaking-5.0

i have to give exam just because of 5 bands in speaking...

plz suggest me frm where i give ielts exam-british council or idp?

This question comes to every person’s mind who is in process of taking an IELTS exam. IELTS exam has been joint effort of British Council, IDP and Cambridge assessment English so it does not make a difference whether you appear for the test by booking through IDP or by booking through British Council because no matter what, from which ever institute you book the exam the exam will be same and there will not be any difference in the difficulty level of the exam. People have a doubt in their minds that sometimes, the British Council exam is easier sometimes they have a feeling that the IDP exam might be easier, but in reality it does not make a difference that from which institute a person books the exam.

It is rumored that people have a feeling or people are being told that one of the exam might be easier than the other be it, British consul or IDP, but the main reason behind this is that British Council and IDP have the referral agents for exam bookings, so whenever somebody books an exam through the referral agents (Referral agents are the mostly the coaching institutes) they get a certain portion of the exam fee as commission to refer the candidates and that is why they spread the news that if you book exam doe a particular institute , their marking will be easier, and the same is the pattern followed by the other Institute’s referral agents, but in reality it does not make a difference that from which Institute your book for the exam, the difficulty level remains the same because British council and IDP are not making the separate exams. The exam is is jointly owned by three Institutes IDP, British Council and Cambridge assessment English.

However, there is one difference which people should be taking care of while booking the exam, that is what facilities are available at a particular centre. Different test centers are associated with different conducting organizations so it’s possible that at certain locations one of the centre might not be offering headphones and the other centre might be offering. For example in Canada most British Council centers offer headphones and for the IDP centre they do not have headphones at most of test locations in British Columbia, as in December 2020.

So, do not worry , prepare and book the exam and give is confidently. Whichever organization conducts the exam ,it will not affect your final scores.

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
in my personal experience of taking ielts Speed Test in both centres...british council is best comparing to idp..in terms of service and also grading

Last edited:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I will always have a preference for IDP even though I haven’t done BC and I’m aware that they are pretty much the same lol