01-2012
Interview........
[color=green]Waived[/color]
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-2012
LANDED..........
05-2012[img]http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0123-party.gif[/img]
Hi Guys,

There is no doubt that Australia and Canada both are best countries is the world, most of the government facilities are same. But if you wanna apply for Australia and Canada please consider the following things:

If you apply for Australia then you need to wait long, may be up to three years but keep in mind that Australia is changing their law every week and every month. They can waste your valuable three years and They can return your file anytime even you qualify, Once you file your application they can send you back and refund your money anytime, previous year they returned thousands overseas applications and asked them to re-apply under new rules, It was a shock for the applicants who were waiting for 2-3 years, They have cancelled many onshore applications as well.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/crackdown-on-skilled-migrants-20100207-nksr.html
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/migration-amendment.htm

If you wanna apply for Canada then it will take one year max for the whole process under new fast track system, Canada have lock-in date which means if you apply a day before the changes then you will not be affected by the new rules. Your application will be treated the same way as you applied under the previous rules, the new changes will not affect you until you get your decision, Canada hardly make any changes to the rules. You can bring your Parents here within 5 years on the other hand if you apply from Australia you have to wait over 10 years or you have to pay 70,000 $ to bring your parents in quick process.

Choice is Yours Guys :)

david_oz

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
Med's Request
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Passport Req..
20-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2010
LANDED..........
04-09-2010
im from australia, but i live in canada and i want to immigrate here

they are both awesome countries with a lot to offer

i feel like australian employers are probably more in tune with foreign qualifications and experience than canadian employers, but that might just be my feel for the situation. i wouldn't want to push you one way or the other, because both countries are fantastic places to live. i like winter sports, and i dont handle the heat very well, so canada, and in particular calgary is great for me.

what is it you're looking for in a country apart from work?

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Samkor, if i were you i would ve chosen Canada. Its just about personal choice and nothing else.. so its your call....... Why Canada for me???/ well here are few points which make me favor Canada.

1- Bigger country than Australia.
2- Lesser people than Australia.
3- better racial harmony than Australia.
4- USA is just across the border. (another land filled with oppurtunities)
5- Canada will rock in future as well. they have more oil, minerals, clean water etc etc than Australia.

I can go on and on but would like to stop here beacuse if anybody is looking at like i am than he/she would chose Canada over Australia on any given day...

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
Dear ,
i am not thinking about what time will be taken for immigration.......but i think about future prospects.
now i am in korea and earning enough money...so, whether immigration process take 3 yrs, i don't care..........please tell me benefits for Aus. immi.
and what is demand about mechanical engg.?

thanks
Right now Australia is not accepting any offshore applications for Immigration. The rules keep changing every now and then. Yes, for the Australians,its only the skills that matter, degree comes second.

Both the countries have their own pros and cons, its your personal choice. As of now given the long time frame and changing immigration rules in Australia, it is better to go for Canada.

EdiT: A new bill has been introduced recently in Australia regarding immigration for Visa Capping any Class of Immigration Visa, which is as good as saying your immigration is not guaranteed even if your occupation is under the demand list.

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
i am very thankful to all of you.
actually first i prefer Canada but from this post i have concluded, there is no value of our Degree and we have to start from beginning.
that's why i was confused.
but now i realize whether we will go any country we have to start from first step as we don't have any exp. in that country.
the second thing which i concern is about Climate.
i am from India but now i am working in Korea...in Korea also Temp. goes up to -12 degree in winter but not much snowfall exclude Seoul.
so, if anybody highlighted about climate, it will be helpful to strengthen my decision.

thanks

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good suggestion ........but i am not interested in US.

dasalcedo

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Adelaide - Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-05-2010
IELTS Request
10-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
I have been in Australia for 3 years as International Student. I applied for permanent visa in August 2007 and after waiting for too much time, the Minister decided to give the money back to Pre-Sept 2007 applicants. Of course I didn't keep my arms crossed and applied to Canada in November. If you ask me if this is a good idea to apply to immigration Australia, I would say no.

Cheers

Ranjha

Dec 8, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ all

hi guys

look u have to get points to prefer,,,,first of all aussies are very racist,,,,,,believe me,,,,,,,,even the govt policies show that,,,,,,,,,,,after the episodes in last year about the happenings abt indian students they are making very harsh decisions

for over 10,000 students who were in or before 2007 applicants for aus PR they said that aus market does not need them and rejected the whole lot in one go in jan 2010,,,,,,,,,even now they are making amendments in the 1958 law of immigration to get rid of indian students,,,,,,,,,,,so guys who wants to live in a country which is racist and targets one country or group

on the development issue,,,,,,,,aus can be bigger but it is not fertile,,,,,,,,,,,,aus has a huge huge desert,,,,,,,,,i have a lot of friends over there and they say that the environment is also not very nice,,,,,,,,,we have holes in OZONE over australia

another big big advantage will be the USA issue,,,,,,,,,canada is sister concern to USA,,,,,believe me guys,,,,USA has everything ,,,,and if they don't then they get it by any mean,,,,,,,,they will have the last drop of oil,,,,,,,the last bottle of water,,,,,,,so canada gives u a chance to get in the biggest economy next door with CANADA being a terror free zone

the biggets issue will be of multiculturalism,,,,,,,,,,,canada treats every citizen equally,,,,,,,,,,

and for my friends who just go with the statics,,,,,,,,,,,pick up any any DAMn report on development,,,,,,,,safety,,,,,,,,,environment,,,,,,,,terror,,,,,,,,,racism,,,,,,,,,,,CANADA will be alot lot ahead of australia and will be in top 3

CANADA RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
sukh420 said:
Hi Guys,

There is no doubt that Australia and Canada both are best countries is the world, most of the government facilities are same. But if you wanna apply for Australia and Canada please consider the following things:

If you apply for Australia then you need to wait long, may be up to three years but keep in mind that Australia is changing their law every week and every month. They can waste your valuable three years and They can return your file anytime even you qualify, Once you file your application they can send you back and refund your money anytime, previous year they returned thousands overseas applications and asked them to re-apply under new rules, It was a shock for the applicants who were waiting for 2-3 years, They have cancelled many onshore applications as well.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/crackdown-on-skilled-migrants-20100207-nksr.html
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/migration-amendment.htm

If you wanna apply for Canada then it will take one year max for the whole process under new fast track system, Canada have lock-in date which means if you apply a day before the changes then you will not be affected by the new rules. Your application will be treated the same way as you applied under the previous rules, the new changes will not affect you until you get your decision, Canada hardly make any changes to the rules. You can bring your Parents here within 5 years on the other hand if you apply from Australia you have to wait over 10 years or you have to pay 70,000 $ to bring your parents in quick process.

Choice is Yours Guys :)
when is this lock-in date ? Is it the day you apply to CIC or CHC ?
but As I know this did not apply when they changed the rules last time. They changed the rules in a some where in nov 2008 and
all the applicants from Feb 2008 got affected : No lock-in date applied as you say in this case.

Is this some new rule ? Where did you get this info. Please provide some authentic link.

thanks

singh84

May 19, 2010
Ranjha sir u have got wrong information about aus. i will tell you later why these files are getting refuse now i m getting late from work other hand USA you will never know when you will kill by somebody then what resource will do banana. mate i m living in this country Aus. mate if you compare the wage system of this country with any other country like you said Canada and massive USA your heart will come out in canada average per hour rate for an accountant $10.75 but in aus its $27.80 and in aus .if you want to have position like eng. level you dont need to get aus. qualification but on other hand in canada my friend you will never get these job unless you dont have can. qualification. about immi. policies we will talk later

dasalcedo

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Adelaide - Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-05-2010
IELTS Request
10-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
singh84 said:
mate if you compare the wage system of this country with any other country like you said Canada and massive USA your heart will come out in canada average per hour rate for an accountant $10.75 but in aus its $27.80 and in aus .if you want to have position like eng. level you dont need to get aus. qualification but on other hand in canada my friend you will never get these job unless you dont have can. qualification. about immi. policies we will talk later
The average hour rate in Australia can be better than Canada but also Australia is way more expensive than Canada for basic products. Very expensive so at the end it's still the same.

Cheers

sukh420

Apr 14, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-2010
AOR Received.
07-2010
IELTS Request
07-2010
File Transfer...
07-2010
Med's Request
01-2012
Med's Done....
01-2012
Interview........
[color=green]Waived[/color]
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-2012
LANDED..........
05-2012[img]http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0123-party.gif[/img]
ruka said:
when is this lock-in date ? Is it the day you apply to CIC or CHC ?
but As I know this did not apply when they changed the rules last time. They changed the rules in a some where in nov 2008 and
all the applicants from Feb 2008 got affected : No lock-in date applied as you say in this case.

Is this some new rule ? Where did you get this info. Please provide some authentic link.

thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lockin-date-t39466.0.html

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the point of land.....
It finally depends on how well you can survive....
The both countries are of prime choice for immigration.................
But as far as chance of immigration are concerned I have few observation as follows
To my experience in AUS immigration I found limited scope to apply under my professional category than CAN.... although AUS SOL(skiiled occupation list) been larger
As country they have different geography but probably it does not matter a lot if you have real inner force to survive and succeed !!
Personal choice, preference might be a point of debate.....The lifestyle and facilities might be close if not with gulf of difference (Given I have not been to CAN)
AUs imm process has got a recent act of squeezing and additional filtering approach induced which clearly indicates it was comparatively easier to migrate before than will be much challenging from July 2010 whereas CAN has introduced fast track....and reasonable transparent procedure.........
I know someone like me staying in AUS might have different views and valid argues.....

Arif.Ahmed

Apr 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
I agree with the point of land.....
It finally depends on how well you can survive....
The both countries are of prime choice for immigration.................
But as far as chance of immigration are concerned I have few observation as follows
To my experience in AUS immigration I found limited scope to apply under my professional category than CAN.... although AUS SOL(skiiled occupation list) been larger
As country they have different geography but probably it does not matter a lot if you have real inner force to survive and succeed !!
Personal choice, preference might be a point of debate.....The lifestyle and facilities might be close if not with gulf of difference (Given I have not been to CAN)
AUs imm process has got a recent act of squeezing and additional filtering approach induced which clearly indicates it was comparatively easier to migrate before than will be much challenging from July 2010 whereas CAN has introduced fast track....and reasonable transparent procedure.........
I know someone like me staying in AUS might have different views and valid argues.....
Both has pros and cons I guess. Two of my friends working in telecommunication company in Bangladesh (Electrical and Civil engineering) have the same level job in Australia after going there. I think it is not possible in Canada. Job factor is a big factor else you have to stick with odd jobs which may not suit for some people with higher qualification . For me I am concerned to have my Masters degree and have the priority of Canada over Australia