+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which IELTS exam to apply for my study permit?

shahrokh

Jun 19, 2017
I did two Academic IELTS exams and I got my acceptance letter now I have to apply for my study permit so I want to know which one is better to apply in my application for study permit.
First IELTS Exam / Overall Band: 6.0 / Reading: 6.5 / Listening: 5.5 / Writing: 5.5 / Speaking : 5.5
Second IELTS Exam / Overall Band: 6.0 / Reading: 6 / Listening: 5.5 / Writing: 5.0 / Speaking : 7.0

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First result. Second one contains a 5.0 which is too low.

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
None. You do NOT need to provide IELTS score to be considered for the Canadian Study Visa (only Australian Visas asks for such test).
This is because you are going to Canada for studying, no one expects you to master English before then.
i never heard about CIC visa officer asking a student to provide IELTS but Universities do ask for IELTS in order to receive unconditional admission.
However, CIC doesn't care whether you have conditional or unconditional admission letter, in both cases you will get the visa without any issue.

The documents needed for the canadian student visa are as follow:

- Copy of your high school diploma or bachelor degree certificate if you have one.
- Acceptance Letter from the Canadian University ( it doesn't matter whether it's ESL course or direct entry to University or BOTH as long as you have money to cover tuition fees).
- Correspondence with the institution (ie. Screenshot of the emails sent and received between you and the University asking for admission).
- Proof of Financial Ability to cover your tuition fees costs + living expenses and travel tickets.
- Bank account statement for the last 6 months showing enough money to cover your living and course fees.
- Personal Photo of you.

Anything else is just extra and for sure not needed!! Relax!