+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Ids to submit for Minor >> Application Returned for Minor

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
My Application for Minor was returned today because of Missing document as I Submitted Foreign Passport + PR Card for my child.
My Question Can i Submit Can i Submit PR Card + Health Card for Her. Also as she is Minor there is No Photo of her on the healthcard. Will that be fine?

Personal identifications (IDs)

You uploaded a foreign ID with your permanent resident card (PR card).

To fix this issue

• upload a valid (not expired) photo ID issued by the Canadian government (with the PR card you’ve already uploaded)
    • You can only use a PR card if the second piece of ID was issued by the Canadian government (federal, provincial or municipal).
  • if you don’t have another Canadian ID, replace the PR card with the bio page of your passport or travel document
  • re-enter all of your ID information, and re-upload all
  • we need you to re-enter all information even if the issue is only with 1 file
    • At this time, our system can’t tell you which file has the issue.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
My Application for Minor was returned today because of Missing document as I Submitted Foreign Passport + PR Card for my child.
My Question Can i Submit Can i Submit PR Card + Health Card for Her. Also as she is Minor there is No Photo of her on the healthcard. Will that be fine?

Try using the passport as the primary ID - then the secondary ID options presented include PR card or Health card. This is as per the online form. I have seen this today while preparing applications for my daughter. See the sun bullet point under the first one.

To fix this issue

• upload a valid (not expired) photo ID issued by the Canadian government (with the PR card you’ve already uploaded)
    • You can only use a PR card if the second piece of ID was issued by the Canadian government (federal, provincial or municipal).
  • if you don’t have another Canadian ID, replace the PR card with the bio page of your passport or travel document

reverone

Mar 3, 2017

To fix this issue

I currently have the same issue, not so clear if I need to submit my son's foreign passport and which should be the second ID?

tarun.bajaj19

Sep 23, 2019
Submit Passport + HealthCard OR
PR Card + HealthCard
Hello, will passport + health card OR PR card + health card work.
I tried with combinations of Passport (First ID) PR Card(Second ID) and PR Card(First ID) and Passport(Second ID) , both time it was returned.
Please let me know if the combination you suggested worked for you ?

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hello, will passport + health card OR PR card + health card work.
I tried with combinations of Passport (First ID) PR Card(Second ID) and PR Card(First ID) and Passport(Second ID) , both time it was returned.
Please let me know if the combination you suggested worked for you ?

If you are using Passport (First ID) use HeathCard(Second ID) as Secondary.
If you are using PR Card(First ID) then use HealthCard as secondary.