+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which has the better Education University of Alberta? or University of Calgary?

cham1o

May 28, 2012
Hi to all :)

Many people have told me that U of A is better although U of C is okay too. Pls give me some pros why U of A is better in U of C? I just wanna convince my parents to in U of A. I wanna explain it to them why is that University is better than U of C..

thanks

R

russkie

Are you accepted to either of the schools? If not, these questions don't have to be answered or even worried about yet. "better" is subjective adverb and depends on the program of study and offer by the university (scholarships, etc). I would rank engineering, some science programs (chemistry, computer science) at par, other programs might be better at the UofC comparing to UofA and visa verse. UofA is bigger, older, higher ranked and better known school overall. For undergrads it wouldn't make tremendous difference. Both schools are well known and respected in Canada and Alberta, for graduate studies it gets more nuanced. UofA may get you a smal advantage in finding first job, but again your GPA, awards, program of study matter way more in this game.

Calgary is more fun than Edmonton. 8)