+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which employer will be eligibled for LMIA exemptions?

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Dear all,

Is anyone has any idea of the base on what conditions, which kind of employer will be eligible for LMIA exemptions?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Alright, thanks to Scylla, we know that no employer will be exempt from LMIA, doesn't matter what size of his business.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alright, thanks to Scylla, we know that no employer will be exempt from LMIA, doesn't matter what size of his business.
To be clear, there are employers who are LMIA exempt. For example, if someone is a post doc (i.e. PhD holder) working at a university, these roles are typically LMIA exempt.

When you messaged me, the specific circumstance you asked about was an auto service business. This business is not LMIA exempt regardless of the number of employees / size of the business.

Reactions: newcomer7

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
To be clear, there are employers who are LMIA exempt. For example, if someone is a post doc (i.e. PhD holder) working at a university, these roles are typically LMIA exempt.

When you messaged me, the specific circumstance you asked about was an auto service business. This business is not LMIA exempt regardless of the number of employees / size of the business.
Thanks for your clarification Scylla.

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Dear all,

This is my question now: According to the following information below from this link https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html#h2.4
and the blue color excerpt from this Business legitimacy section

Is it correct that the prospective employer allows hiring the temporary foreign worker to work for him?

All Other Employers: To demonstrate that you can meet the conditions of the job offer, you must submit at least one of the following documents:

• T4 or payroll records for a minimum of three six weeks immediately prior to the submission of this LMIA application, pay periods if the temporary foreign worker already works for you (redact social insurance number)

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Good morning all,

Again, is anyone can clearly explain the blue clause below, please? Due to English as a second language, we would love to have your opinion! This part "minimum of three six weeks" as we understand it is mean minimum of three to six weeks" right?
And the whole blue wording line means Immigration Canada allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work for him before submitting the LMIA?

Thank you in advance :)

Dear all,
This is my question now: According to the following information below from this link https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html#h2.4

and the blue color excerpt from this Business legitimacy section

T4 or payroll records for a minimum of three six weeks immediately prior to the submission of this LMIA application, pay periods if the temporary foreign worker already works for you (redact social insurance number)

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good morning all,

Again, is anyone can clearly explain the blue clause below, please? Due to English as a second language, we would love to have your opinion! This part "minimum of three six weeks" as we understand it is mean minimum of three to six weeks" right?
And the whole blue wording line means Immigration Canada allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work for him before submitting the LMIA?

Thank you in advance :)
It's a typo. They either meant to write "three to six" or "thirty six". I think they probably meant to write "three to six" but I don't know for sure.

No - this certainly does not mean that an employer can hire a foreign worker to work for him before submitting the LMIA. This is for cases where the foreign worker is already working for that employer under a different valid work permit (e.g. PGWP).

Reactions: newcomer7

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
It's a typo. They either meant to write "three to six" or "thirty six". I think they probably meant to write "three to six" but I don't know for sure.

No - this certainly does not mean that an employer can hire a foreign worker to work for him before submitting the LMIA. This is for cases where the foreign worker is already working for that employer under a different valid work permit (e.g. PGWP).
Thank you so much Scylla for your reply.