+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which course or program will lead to PR

Akram891

Oct 26, 2017
Hello People,

Finally found this interesting website, I completed MBA from USA,what college or university I should apply for further studies in Canada. which would help to score more for PR ?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
There aren't any specific courses that help you to score more for PR, rather you must ensure that you apply to a school that is deemed a Designated Learning Institution. There's a list on IRCC website.

After you finish whatever course you choose and graduate you will need to qualify for one of the immigration streams under which you can apply:

CEC
FSW
FST
PNP

Most people like myself went the CEC - Canadian Experienced Class route. To qualify for this specific stream, after you graduate, you must work 1 full year in a skilled, full-time position. You will get points based on your Canadian Education 2+ years, your MBA that you already have, your age and your 1-year full-time experience in a skilled position. You will also be awarded points from any previous skilled work experience you had before you came to Canada. You will also need to sit an English exam called IELTS and the scores from this test will determine how many points you are awarded too. You will also be awarded points if you have any siblings who are resident or citizens here.

If you have all the criteria listed then you will be eligible to apply for PR. You then create a profile where you will be entered into a pool of eligible candidates where you wait for an invitation to apply for PR. This invitation comes only if you have scored enough points based on everything I have just mentioned (Age, education, work experience, siblings, IELTS); if you don't have enough points even though you're eligible you won't be invited to apply. Your application stays in the pool for 1 year and after that, you have to re-enter yourself into the pool for the next year.

Regular draws are conducted at least twice every month or more so you will always have a chance to be invited to apply. It is up to you to ensure that you score above the cut-off threshold.

Hope this helps

Akram891

Oct 26, 2017
Sir!
Thank you so much for your response it is very helpful. So I have to take a course for 2+ years ?can I take any diploma program which is for 1 year and then apply in CEC - Canadian experienced class route.
I have 2 years of working experience in IT but my education (MBA) is not relevant to my experience. To eligible my experience and education should be in same field ?
Waiting for your response.
Thank you

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Sir!
Thank you so much for your response it is very helpful. So I have to take a course for 2+ years ?can I take any diploma program which is for 1 year and then apply in CEC - Canadian experienced class route.
I have 2 years of working experience in IT but my education (MBA) is not relevant to my experience. To eligible my experience and education should be in same field ?
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
It is advised that you take a 2-year diploma program at least so that when you have completed that course of study and graduate, you will be granted a 2-3 year Post Graduate Open Work Permit that enables you to work anywhere you can find a job. The 2-3 years also gives you enough time to find a skilled job, work for a year and then apply for PR. There are people who have taken 1-year courses and have applied for PR but there are others who were unable to make that arrangement work for them; it's a bit of a risk in my opinion.

If you can find a diploma program that compliments the MBA you currently have or your 2-year IT work experience, I think it will increase your chances of getting a student visa. (My Opinion)

No, your 2-year IT experience doesn't have to mirror your MBA and will not make you ineligible. As long as it was a skilled position in IT you will be awarded points for this experience. In proving this you will need letters, paystubs etc. from this employer when the time comes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
While choosing any course do ensure that it qualifies for PGWP. Some programs do not qualify
Attend either a university or public college. Stay away from private colleges.

Reactions: hussain-lala