+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which college will accept 8 years gap in study?

Nav6969

Sep 8, 2020
As far as I know.....Humber, centennial, Sheridan, Seneca only accepts students with Study gap of more than 5 years !!! and you should prove to them that you been working since graduating .
I am a b.tech graduate, with a total working experience of 7 years. I have been refused offer letter from centennial college with a reason that they do not accept students who have passed prior to year 2014. can somebody suggest me colleges who can accept 2013 passed students with a continuous working experience of 7 years.

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
I am a b.tech graduate, with a total working experience of 7 years. I have been refused offer letter from centennial college with a reason that they do not accept students who have passed prior to year 2014. can somebody suggest me colleges who can accept 2013 passed students with a continuous working experience of 7 years.
I am also looking for the same, I have same profile. I am 2011 passout. Did you got any colleges ?

Nav6969

Sep 8, 2020
I am also looking for the same, I have same profile. I am 2011 passout. Did you got any colleges ?
Not yet Centennial refused me the offer letter but apart from this i have applied for Conestoga and Lambton college too. lets see, i did not hear back from them still. Waiting for their reply.

Bhairav

Aug 20, 2020
I was accepted by Cambrian College, with 8 year gap after having master of Pharmacy in 2012, for project management.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Each college have their own guidelines. You may find the most popular ones with the rigid ones. However, many colleges accept the gaps even if it is 10+ years. Colleges in Atlantic provinces will accept the gap even with 15 years. It all depends where are you applying. It is best you write an email to a college to check if the gap is accepted. This will save your money.

Shikha jaggi

Jan 8, 2018
Any help on which college will accept a study gap of 8 years with 5.5 bands in IELTS?
I was accepted by Cambrian College, with an 8-year gap after having a master of Pharmacy in 2012, for project management.
Hi!
I did my graduation with arts in 2009 (11years of study gap) and after that started working in different companies. now I want to apply for some graduate certificate course. to apply for a specific course in college/university, do we need to pay application fee everytime to each college separately, because of putting a burden on my pocket and difficult to afford? please guide.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Hi!
I did my graduation with arts in 2009 (11years of study gap) and after that started working in different companies. now I want to apply for some graduate certificate course. to apply for a specific course in college/university, do we need to pay application fee everytime to each college separately, because of putting a burden on my pocket and difficult to afford? please guide.
Yes you have to pay for each course or college separately.

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
I have 7 years study gap....got accepted in Humber …..It all depends on your work experience , related course and clarity in application.

And yes only few colleges accepts ….to boost the graduation rate.
Hi , for which course did you apply ? I have also applied for project management in Seneca Ana humber with 7 years of study gap and having experience of same time. Please suggest me whether I will get offer ?

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hi , for which course did you apply ? I have also applied for project management in Seneca Ana humber with 7 years of study gap and having experience of same time. Please suggest me whether I will get offer ?

DUROSE

Jan 16, 2021
I did my graduation in 2012 with a third class in law at a Nigerian University, but I don't know which school to apply for a graduate certificate course or advance diploma that I will not be rejected. my IELTS scores are speaking 7.0, listening 6.5, reading 5.5, writing 5.5 with a band score of 6.0. can anyone advice me because have been rejected from Durham College for advance diploma

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I did my graduation in 2012 with a third class in law at a Nigerian University, but I don't know which school to apply for a graduate certificate course or advance diploma that I will not be rejected. my IELTS scores are speaking 7.0, listening 6.5, reading 5.5, writing 5.5 with a band score of 6.0. can anyone advice me because have been rejected from Durham College for advance diploma
I have a similar background (except I'm not from Nigeria). I scored on the low side in my undergraduate. Been rejected from Algonquin and Centennial. I've now applied to Conestoga. I'll never understand why these Canadian colleges are more selective than their British/Australian counterparts.

TanzilaH

Aug 1, 2023
Hi
Does anybody have an idea on which colleges accept 5-6 years gap after 12th. I tried a few colleges and paid application fee of 100 CAD in most as well. But george brown, georgian , centennial they refused because of study gap. I have work experience during the study gap in two different fields and overall IELTS band score of 8 . My high school diplomas are from the cambridge international board as well.
I just wanted any personal experience of gap year students so i can avoid paying application fee for different colleges if they are not going to accept coz of gap anyway. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Does anybody have an idea on which colleges accept 5-6 years gap after 12th. I tried a few colleges and paid application fee of 100 CAD in most as well. But george brown, georgian , centennial they refused because of study gap. I have work experience during the study gap in two different fields and overall IELTS band score of 8 . My high school diplomas are from the cambridge international board as well.
I just wanted any personal experience of gap year students so i can avoid paying application fee for different colleges if they are not going to accept coz of gap anyway. Thank you
Focus on universities if you don’t have post secondary education. Many colleges don’t accept such big gaps because study permit refusals are high.

Reactions: Warda.akram