+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which city to choose?

new2cana

May 31, 2018
Hello. I am moving to Canada soon with my wife and 2 kids, but I am not sure where to live.

I would appreciate any suggestions or links to help me in choosing a safe residential area that suits us.

My preference is Ontario, but I would really appreciate your thoughtful comments.

Thank you!

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Ontario is too big ! you need to shorten your preference.
Its also depending upon your experience / qualification as well

Reactions: Jakev

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Canada is a huge country and Ontario is a huge province. What jobs do you both do? What are your salary expectations?

new2cana

May 31, 2018
Ontario is too big ! you need to shorten your preference.
Its also depending upon your experience / qualification as well
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (concentration in management) with 13 years of experience (I am 34 years old). The latest position I held was an HR manager.
I am also SHRM-SCP Senior Certified professional in Human Resources from the Society of Human Resource Management Institution (Alexandria, USA).

My wife has a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design with two years of experience.

Our kids are 4, and 2 years old.

We are looking for a safe neighborhood that is vibrant and alive at the same time where our kids can engage in a lot of interesting activities and where schools and supermarkets are available.

Canada is a huge country and Ontario is a huge province. What jobs do you both do? What are your salary expectations?
Regarding salary expectations, I am not sure about the salary ranges for a person with my qualifications, so I would appreciate your comments in this regard.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where were you educated? Where in the world have you worked? Have you worked for large multi-national companies?

new2cana

May 31, 2018
Where were you educated? Where in the world have you worked? Have you worked for large multi-national companies?
I was educated in Beirut, Lebanon. I have worked in Lebanon and Algeria. And yes, I have worked for multinational companies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless you have quite a lot of money saved I would avoid Vancouver because of the cost of living. Interior design is a tough industry to break into. It is more about who you know or starting from the bottom and it is very competitive to get into a good firm. I would start looking at job possibilities for you. All depends on your budget as well. Toronto is much more expensive than cities like Ottawa, London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Calgary/Edmonton, Montreal. Do you speak French well? That would open up quite a few opportunities if you were bilingual. Do any of the previous multinationals that you have worked for have Canadian offices? They may be hiring or you could make contact with someone in a similar position and ask them for some advice, ideas or leads. Best of luck.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (concentration in management) with 13 years of experience (I am 34 years old). The latest position I held was an HR manager.
I am also SHRM-SCP Senior Certified professional in Human Resources from the Society of Human Resource Management Institution (Alexandria, USA).

My wife has a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design with two years of experience.

Our kids are 4, and 2 years old.

We are looking for a safe neighborhood that is vibrant and alive at the same time where our kids can engage in a lot of interesting activities and where schools and supermarkets are available.

Regarding salary expectations, I am not sure about the salary ranges for a person with my qualifications, so I would appreciate your comments in this regard.
You will find opportunities around the GTA in the HR and the Interior Design domain... Only thing is you need connections with the peers in this country...

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
We husband - wife and 1 kid live in Brampton/Mississauga, Houses are very expensive in Brampton/Mississauga area, we want to only live in Punjabi-Indian/Desi community and we have planned to move permanently to CALGARY/EDMONTON (ALBERTA), we need not work/find job in Oil/energy sector in Alberta, (because we both are medical healthcare professionals, I almost passed license exams, will be soon ready to work in Canada, and Wife will study next year, so getting job in our medical-healthcare profession not an issue in Calgary/Edmonton). Weather does not issue for us, and we can happily live in low temp winters in Calgary/Edmonton.

Anyone Indian / desi living in Calgary/Edmonton from last few years, and please advise us about how's life in Calgary/Edmonton, house (small/medium/average) prices in Nort-east, North-west area in Calgary/Edmonton cities.

The few/main reason why we are planning to move from Brampton/Mississauga to Calgary or Edmonton cities are
1. gas prices (i heard gas prices low in Calgary/Edmonton as compared to Missisuaga/Brampton/Etobicoke area),
2. I heard sale tax is 5 % only (as compared to BC & Ontario is 12-13 %),
3. Small size average cost in average NE/NW area in Calgary Edmonton are 450 k to 475 k , bigger house cost 550k-650 k in Calgary NE area, while in Brampton/Mississauga cost is 550k/600 k-700 k for semi-detached, and 650k-900k for average detached home (we dt need a bigger house). is that true ?