+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Canadian accept Grade 11 graduates of Cambridge system

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Dear mates,

My son will be completing grade 11 under the Cambridge's IGCE system in June 2015.

My question is: Are there universities in Canada which accept students in undergraduate programs with 11th grade qualification. Or, must he complete 12th grade before joining a university in anywhere in Canada?

I have searched on the internet but could not find any good clue.

Thanks in advance.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sharedknowledge said:
Dear mates,

My son will be completing grade 11 under the Cambridge's IGCE system in June 2015.

My question is: Are there universities in Canada which accept students in undergraduate programs with 11th grade qualification. Or, must he complete 12th grade before joining a university in anywhere in Canada?

I have searched on the internet but could not find any good clue.

Thanks in advance.
It depends on what level your son was taking. If it were the IGCE/O classes, then he might qualify for university immediately. It looks as though he would first have to be assessed by whichever province you settled in. Children in Canada usually go to school through Grade 12. Then they go to university. Your son would need to be assessed, as I said to see if he would have enough credits to qualify for college studies. Of course, this is only the information I was able to locate via a google search based on the information you provided.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Alurra71 said:
It depends on what level your son was taking. If it were the IGCE/O classes, then he might qualify for university immediately. It looks as though he would first have to be assessed by whichever province you settled in. Children in Canada usually go to school through Grade 12. Then they go to university. Your son would need to be assessed, as I said to see if he would have enough credits to qualify for college studies. Of course, this is only the information I was able to locate via a google search based on the information you provided.
Thanks a lot for your invaluable thoughts, Allura71.

He would like to enter Bachelors level health-related field of study in any province, e.g., Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, etc. There is information circulating among the students that the US and Canadian universities do admit to their Bachelor programs students from the IGCE/O system after grades 10 or 11.

However, he could not locate any university in Canada explicitly mentioning which grade students coming from the IGCE/O system are accepted, or what exactly is the criteria for their admissibility.

Probably, this confirms your point: that they will be subject to assessment on case by case basis. But, in absence of a standard criteria, it looks like that it would be too cumbersome, inefficient, and time-consuming to approach each university individually, which in turn, would decide his eligibility for admission to its programs.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Try this link to see if anything helps him locate a school he'd like to go to. If he did the IGCE/O classes, he might not have to be assessed at all, but this site should help to clarify a bit, I hope.

http://recognition.cie.org.uk/SearchRecognitions.aspx

Good luck!

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
sharedknowledge said:
Thanks a zillion, Allurra71. It is a fantastic tool! +1
Dear, I am also into almost similar situation. My son would be completing IGCSE (Engineering - Phy, Chem, Maths). Earlier i was looking for Pre-University one year in University of Manitoba (my son was qualifying and had been confirmed by univ too) but now they confirmed that it is for International Students only. If we apply as PR, it does not qualify. The solution thay told to apply before, but still my son has to focus on IGCSE.

So just stuked, what to do and where to look.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
sharedknowledge said:
Thanks a zillion, Allurra71. It is a fantastic tool! +1
Just select country as canada and go to link, maybe it will help, i m also going it ;

http://recognition.cie.org.uk/SearchRecognitionsResults.aspx

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
amirsrima said:
Just select country as canada and go to link, maybe it will help, i m also going it ;

http://recognition.cie.org.uk/SearchRecognitionsResults.aspx
I found the following universities in Ontario which accept student of Grade 11: Algoma, Brock, Dalhousie, Guelph, Laurentian, McMaster, Western Ontario, and York.

Hope it will help.