+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Business Visa Immigration to chose from?

AvizSiv

Nov 24, 2016
Dear Friends,

It is great to find various individuals ready to assist others in this valuable forum.

I am currently planning myself to relocate to Canada with my wife, and 2 kids (2.5 years old and 1 year old), having lived my self whole my life in Middle East (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Dubai).

I have been running my business, as well self-employed.

Could someone please guide me which Visa Program i should go for. I understand there are various options, such as:-
Self Employed Visa
Investor Visa
Entrepeneur Visa

Quebec Investor Program, which i believe need to deposit 800,000 CAD ?

Please suggest and direct me to the right path, so i can begin the process as well myself.

Could we fill the application ownself by visiting the Canadian Immigration Website, or have to appoint/hire Immigration Lawyer ?

Thanks for your support!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply on your own - you don't need a lawyer or consultant.

Detailed information about Canada's immigration programs and instructions on how to apply can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

AvizSiv

Nov 24, 2016
scylla said:
You can apply on your own - you don't need a lawyer or consultant.

Detailed information about Canada's immigration programs and instructions on how to apply can be found here:

Thanks Scylla, you are kind.
Will go over the website.

Could you give me an idea as to which program i should apply in, that would hopefully give further more chances in availing the Resident Permit.

ymag

Mar 7, 2016
The three programs are quite different in requirements as well as time frame. I would rank them as follows:

1. "Self employed" refers to professions such as athletes, actors, artists ... do you qualify as one of those? If such, this is the least requiring type of visa and processing could be done in 1-2 years

2. Entrepreneur (Quebec) as well as Business Nominee; for Quebec, unless you speak French, chances are slim because they only provide a quota of 50 applications to non-french speakers. Provincial Business Nominee; Saskatchewan and Manitoba are good programs to check. Takes about 1-2 years from time you receive and LAA

3. Investor; assuming you are willing to put up that much cash aside for 5 years is a good program. However; it is not the fastest route ... takes about 5 years to process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ymag said:
3. Investor; assuming you are willing to put up that much cash aside for 5 years is a good program. However; it is not the fastest route ... takes about 5 years to process.
FYI - Federal Investor program stopped taking new applications in 2014.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ymag said:
The three programs are quite different in requirements as well as time frame. I would rank them as follows:

1. "Self employed" refers to professions such as athletes, actors, artists ... do you qualify as one of those? If such, this is the least requiring type of visa and processing could be done in 1-2 years

2. Entrepreneur (Quebec) as well as Business Nominee; for Quebec, unless you speak French, chances are slim because they only provide a quota of 50 applications to non-french speakers. Provincial Business Nominee; Saskatchewan and Manitoba are good programs to check. Takes about 1-2 years from time you receive and LAA

1. The Federal Processing time for Self Employed is 56 months, which closer to 5 years, rather than 1 or 2.