+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Bank accounts do I need to declare?

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
So I received my ITA and currently in the process of uploading my documents. My confusion is regarding the bank accounts proof I need to submit. I have accounts in 3 different banks (2 savings and 1 credit card)
The account I currently have the balance statement and balance certificate for is the one which has the funds for PR. The amount I have mentioned I am bringing is CAD $16000 in the PR form while my balance certificate I received the the bank mentions I have balance as CAD $17450 (which is above the amount I said I will bring). The last 6 months statement for this account mentions a couple of transfers from the 2nd account to this funds account and the times I paid my credit card bill (my credit card is of a different bank)

My other account was my salary account and I mostly used this account to transfer the money to my main account (the one which has the funds).

My 3rd account is nothing but a credit card account.

Do I need to declare the other 2 accounts or will the main account suffice? The wording on the CIC website makes it a lot more confusing. I searched online and saw mixed responses to this same question (but were from 2017)

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
So I received my ITA and currently in the process of uploading my documents. My confusion is regarding the bank accounts proof I need to submit. I have accounts in 3 different banks (2 savings and 1 credit card)
The account I currently have the balance statement and balance certificate for is the one which has the funds for PR. The amount I have mentioned I am bringing is CAD $16000 in the PR form while my balance certificate I received the the bank mentions I have balance as CAD $17450 (which is above the amount I said I will bring). The last 6 months statement for this account mentions a couple of transfers from the 2nd account to this funds account and the times I paid my credit card bill (my credit card is of a different bank)

My other account was my salary account and I mostly used this account to transfer the money to my main account (the one which has the funds).

Do I need to declare the other 2 accounts or will the main account suffice? The wording on the CIC website makes it a lot more confusing. I searched online and saw mixed responses to this same question (but were from 2017)
Declare all the accounts, be on the safer side. Do not hide anything from the IRCC. They will find out and you will be in trouble. Good luck.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

There's no harm in declaring only the account with the pof. So long as you have the statement and letters you need. I was also told to declare two accounts (I have five accounts, I declared two and nothing happened. There was no money in the other 4 anyways). In my opinion, all the talks about declaring multiple accounts is much ado over nothing.

Reactions: cansha

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
There's no harm in declaring only the account with the pof. So long as you have the statement and letters you need. I was also told to declare two accounts (I have five accounts, I declared two and nothing happened. There was no money in the other 4 anyways). In my opinion, all the talks about declaring multiple accounts is much ado over nothing.
There was an incident involving my friend's PR Application being with-held since he hid an account that had existing loans on it. How the IRCC came to know about this is a mystery to me, but at the end, he had to wait for 8-9 months and finally they gave him the PPR mail. Hence the word of caution. Good luck.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
There was an incident involving my friend's PR Application being with-held since he hid an account that had existing loans on it. How the IRCC came to know about this is a mystery to me, but at the end, he had to wait for 8-9 months and finally they gave him the PPR mail. Hence the word of caution. Good luck.
Yeah. Good advice

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
For me the 2nd account has a loan on it but it's a joint account with my father and he handles the operations for that account including the payment of the loan. For the 2nd account the only thing is that I am the primary holder for the account but all operations for that account are done by the join holder.
Also I have a credit card with CITI but I don't have a savings account with them. Would I have to declare this as well since it's a completely different account and has no connections to the PoF account (apart from the few credit card payments I did few months back)

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
To be honest, this POF actually depends on country to country. E.g. In the UK, they can check a person's credit report and they will find out about all the loans, credit cards, banks etc and if the applicant has hidden something from them, they will raise a query on that. If we take example of countries like Pakistan or Saudi Arabia, there is no such thing as credit report so they cannot know if there are credit cards or loans from other banks unless there is specific payment transactions from the account statement submitted to them.

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China
Sorry,

Sorry to bring this up again. What did you end up doing? Did you declare all your accounts?